CH 4 MOSQUITO PROGRAM

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ROB THOMASSON

CH 4 MOSQUITO PROGRAM

Post by ROB THOMASSON » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:15 pm

If you missed this, well done! What a pile of crap. OK at the end but why did we have survivors reading parts of the Victor comic for heavens sake? Let them tell their stories, they won't be here for ever. Nice aircraft and as they have the jigs now I wonder how long before they build some more?

macconnacher

Re: CH 4 MOSQUITO PROGRAM

Post by macconnacher » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Why no mention of where it was built i.e. New Zealand. It did not rot away after the war in fact it outlasted the Spitfire at Exeter acting as a target tug which is why they could make 633 Squadron.
Arthurs own story of how he overcame his disability to fly would have made a good story but this is dumbed down history which assumes that nobody has even heard of the Second World War.
PS The whole of Jerry Yagen's collection is up for sale, the B17 has already been sold so who is going to buy the Mossie. Should we start a collection?
Stuart Macconnacher

Ian Melville

Re: CH 4 MOSQUITO PROGRAM

Post by Ian Melville » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:19 am

It may not have been perfect but I still enjoyed it. Nice to see enthusiasm rather than dour scripts.

Despite the title is was also about more than the Mosquito as it was also showed that disabled people still can do interesting things.
Ian Melville