That ORS4.......????

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

John Lowe

That ORS4.......????

Post by John Lowe » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Does anybody "in the know" within the LAA have any idea what's happening re the re-issue of the CAA's ORS4-912 Official Letter? I'm currently flying (Annex 2 types only) on an SSEA rating attached to an ancient non-expiring UK PPL. This is (was?) as permitted by ORS4-912 which has now technically expired.... and despite assurances to the contrary, no replacement has been published that I can see.

I cannot believe I'm the only person in the country affected by this..... Can the LAA use it's good offices to find out what's going on?

Thanks for any info!

John L.

Cookie

Re: That ORS4.......????

Post by Cookie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:53 pm

John,

I am assured the replacement ORS4 exemption is on it's way. I do have a copy of the unpublished signed exemption from the CAA so can confirm that it is active for PPL holders with a SEP rating and a Medical Declaration.

If you hold a SSEA rating rather than a SEP rating, then you do not require the exemption since you have the correct national rating/medical declaration combination. It is only holders of SEP ratings flying using a Medical Declaration who are dependent upon the CAA exemption.

All the best,

Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

Richard Mole

Post by Richard Mole » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:34 am

Cookie,
Please can you bring us up to date on this issue. Is the ORS4 thingy still wending its way in our direction?
Thanks
Richard

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi Richard,

The ORS4 exemption has been published. It allows for UK PPL holders with a valid SEP rating to validate their licence with a NPPL Medical Declaration or LAPL medical. This then limits you to NPPL SSEA privileges. Published as ORS4 No. 995 valid until 30th September 2016.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ORS4%20995.pdf

I suggest that if you are exercising privileges in accordance with the exemption, that you print off a copy and keep it with your licence.

All the best,

Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

Richard Mole

Post by Richard Mole » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi Cookie,

very many thanks.
Richard