LAA Website

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Dave Reid

Re: LAA Website

Post by Dave Reid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Here's another supporter of the website, and indeed the LAA and the LAA magazine. Without doubt in my view, the magazine is the best UK mag there is, and the website does the job for me too. There's no place for mudslinging here - in any direction. How nice it is to be regulated by people who know something about aeroplanes, unlike the C.. oops nearly slung some mud myself!

Donald Walker

Post by Donald Walker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Paul Leigh wrote:
:roll: :roll:
maybe you should volunteer your `expert` time and skills to remedy the site then, eh paul ? :wink: :roll:
Maybe I'll volunteer my time and expertise when the LAA volunteers my annual fee. Been there and done that in another association.
I believe this is a website that has benefitted from your expertise, Paul. http://www.roundbritainrally.co.uk Could you provide any other examples of your work, so we can compare it to the LAA's "awful, awful website"?

Jonathan Holland

Post by Jonathan Holland » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 pm

There is nothing wrong with the LAA's website. Nothing at all. It is functional, has lots of useful info and links, and has lots of pretty pictures to look at.

I pay an annual membership to the non-profit making organisation that is the LAA, and if they spent thousands each year on a super-sexy modern website I'd probably ask them why. They don't, so I won't.

Seasons greetings Paul. I hope Santa brings you a new nit to pick. :D

G.Dawes

Post by G.Dawes » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:31 pm

The only thing about the website is that too few people actually use it there are times I go on and there is nothing new or anything of interest. I hope that more people would contribute to it, there is a a whole raft of knowledge in the LAA and it would help a lot if some of it was broadcast. Any comment used to bring loads of replies and now very little comes in. I see the same names coming up and want to see more,
come on you lot.
Graham Dawes

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Why did you put that link in Donald?
Sent my eyes batty for 5 mins. :roll:
If the LAA ever employ that webmaster........ I quit.

Donald Walker

Post by Donald Walker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:47 pm

:D :D :D

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Paul,,,, I know it's the season of goodwill and all that.

But tell us all , what excites you most , aeroplanes or computers ? ? ?

You've been given a bit of a mauling on what is normally a fairly genteel forum . Which is something of a barometer of the slightly prattish remarks in your initial posting .

Make a 2014 resolution mate , [ and this applies to quite a few guys] ditch the old keyboard , get out there on your project, make it fly,,, come and join us .

You may find it hard to swallow , but ,,, the Wright brothers , Allcock and Brown , Alex Henshaw , and many , many others have done it . Computers ? websites ? they weren't even in the equation mate!
I make no other contribution to this post , other than to wish you a happy Christmas and a 2014 which comes closer to realising your dream .
Does LAA's , BMAA's , or anyone else's website make that much difference ?

If it does , you could be in the wrong hobby , and I sincerely hope that isn't the case .

Andy Kennedy

Post by Andy Kennedy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 am

Paul Leigh wrote:
I know it has ben built by the same outfit that did the BMAA site, no doubt to a cheap as chips price but the important thing is, that it looks cheap as chips too.

Ah, so thats why folk on the BMAA forum were complaining we'd ripped them off :lol:

Andy