New Head of GA unit

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Bob the Pilot

New Head of GA unit

Post by Bob the Pilot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:14 pm

I don't know whether to welcome the appointment of Tony Rapson as the new head of the GA unit at the CAA or not.

He obviously has a great deal of experience in many areas, but has he any experience of GA, particularly at the lighter end of the spectrum? Is he a qualified pilot, if so what does he fly?

I would have hoped that any form of press release relating to GA would have been more informative to those involved in GA.
Bob Howarth

Brian Hope

Re: New Head of GA unit

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:06 pm

I think yours is a natural response Bob, and the fact that this is a GA position and the credentials given in the press release do not contain any GA specific references, one could well draw the conclusion that Tony Rapson has no direct personal involvement in the GA sector.
I mentioned this to one of LAA's prominent consultation activists who happens to know Tony and he says he is a very competent chap who gets things done. He was happy with the appointment and confident that Tony can do a good job.
So, while on the very brief info we have he does not appear to be GA active, only time will tell how well he serves the GA community. Let's all give him a fair crack of the whip; he needs time to get his feet under the table in what will be a brand new department within the CAA. In twelve months’ time we’ll be in a far better position to make a proper judgement of his suitability for the role. I'm sure we all wish him well.