If Scotland votes for separation?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Trevor Harvey

Re: If Scotland votes for separation?

Post by Trevor Harvey » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:22 pm

If King Eck & queen Nicola get their way they will smother Scotland with wind farms, I think the target is 100% before not very long. So airfields up here are going to be threatened. More of an issue than independence I think.

ROB THOMASSON

Post by ROB THOMASSON » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 am

Well what will they do for..
A CAA
An Army
A Navy
An Air force.
Membership of Nato. You have to provide a fair bit of kit to join that club.
Border patrol
Air sea rescue
A currency. How much will they pay into the EEC? That's if they want to join of course. They've missed the boat with North Sea Oil as it's nearly gone. If they charge the oil companies too much to land it they'll just run a pipeline south of the border. So a great headline grabber but it ain't gonna work folks.

C Rule

Post by C Rule » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Also they will need to join ICAO, IMO IMF etc etc
Colin Rule

woodysr2

Post by woodysr2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:14 pm

the Largest oil field on the planet has just been found off shetland so the oil argument does not wash any more.
Cameron is just back from having what is now a not so secret meeting up there and all members of staff of said exploration vessel have all been sent home on full pay and told to keep quiet.
there have been a few more revelations over the past couple of months to sway voters in favour of the yes campaign.
I am not one of them but if what has been put out is true there will be a lot of Scots who will vote yes.
William Russell
Xair Hawk