Hanger space and storage on farm strip Naseby

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

K Burns

Hanger space and storage on farm strip Naseby

Post by K Burns » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:11 pm

http://www.battlefieldstrust.com/resour ... FieldId=51

Link is local area not the actual field.

Naseby is 15 min North of Northampton , 5 min from the Junction with the A 14 with the A508 Market Harborough road the (Well drained firm east west ) strip is near to this location operating on the 28 day rule for the last 3 years with 3 aircraft.
I discovered this strip while looking for a closer home for my Europa, unfortunately at my level of experience on type and skill level, it is too tight at 350 meters (with approx 300 m overshoot/ undershoot at east end).

This strip may close if more aircraft are not based /stored there/ built there.
The strip can be extended or repositioned if the demand comes forward and pays the farmer a return.
If the strip is developed It may be usable by me in the future.

I Know of two GA aircraft that are suitable for the site, a piper Cub , and a Taylorcraft Auster, High wing microlight types would also be welcome.

I am thinking high wing as the approach from the west is a curved approach for noise abatement and trees need to be visible .

Annual Charges will start at £500 for flex wing types, increasing slightly for smaller 3 axis microlights
and proportionally higher for larger aircraft...if you have a system that enables you to take less space then that will be reflected in charges .

PM myself for an appointment to view .
Kevin Burns