Where are the EC Members hiding ?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Simon.
Sailing is not a passtime that I am interested in. However, I did watch the "Three men in a Boat" programme and was chewing my knuckles in anger at their incompetence and stupidity. I had to watch something else. God help us if the general public see amateur aviators in a similar vein.
Anyway, on reflection, it's a pity that the "Build A Plane" project wasn't a plans build. I'm sure it would have drawn in many of the old fashioned aero modellers, as making a full size aircraft is akin to a scaled up model. After all, we've all had a bash at aeromodelling, haven't we.
If a mistake was made, it would not be too costly to recover the error. I would imagine that builders would be a lot happier working in wood rather than have the worry of maintaing working environment temperatures with composites and the complications with riveting accuracies etc. The LAA could have a real and lasting input throughout the build.
Apologies to the originator of this thread for the drift away from the initial subject.

Rob Hart

Post by Rob Hart » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Bill McCarthy wrote:It's time we had another TV build with more emphasis on LAA involvement.
Good idea Bill, but these days it's all done on t'internet - at high speed.

Rudder
Tail
Elevator

Rob