hello to everyone

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Bouncer

hello to everyone

Post by Bouncer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi i'm rob, new boy in the tarmac! I've finally taken the plunge and bought my own a/c after hiring for the last 18 years. the plan now is to build hours in our glorious suffolk skies and then venture further afield once confidence in my new toy increases!

rob
Rob Kelvey

Brian Hope

Re: hello to everyone

Post by Brian Hope » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 am

Congratulations Rob and welcome. What have you bought?
Good idea to build experience gradually and remember, the dumbest question is the one you should have asked but didn't because you thought it was stupid. There will be many experienced LAA guys in your area who will be more than happy to offer help and advice, and don't forget the LAA's Pilot Coaching Scheme if you need to learn any new skills.
The very best of luck with your new 'toy', I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment and you make many new friends along the way.

Harry Hopkins

Post by Harry Hopkins » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 pm

May I endorse Brian's words of welcome and wish you happy landings.

I also subscribe to his theory about questions and add a few words passed on to me by a very experienced heavy metal pilot now also flying small aircraft: don't take unnecessary chances. Use the motto "If in doubt, chicken out."

Best wishes,

Harry

Bouncer

Post by Bouncer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi Harry,

Don'y worry about my chickening out abilities...they are well honed :)

However, I'm finding ownership of an aircraft is akin to that moment when you get your first-born child home and you find yourself thinking, 'Crikey what have I done - what next - where's the manual?" :)

Rob
Rob Kelvey