Fenland Accident 18/04/15

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Alan Kilbride

Fenland Accident 18/04/15

Post by Alan Kilbride » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Now that a week has passed since the Accident at Fenland, I would like to update everybody on the situation.
LAA member Duncan Cotter the owner and pilot of Gardan Minicab G-ATPV lost the lower part of his left arm following the accident at Fenland. As the AAIB has not completed the investigation, I will say no more about it.
However I can update you all on his condition. He is now in Leeds where his treatment will continue, but he has lost his hand and there was no chance of it being sewn back on.
He is recovering well and up until the present the wound is healing. He would like to thank every one for their best wishes and support at this time, but being a very humble man hopes there won't be a fuss made of him.
24 hours after the accident, he instructed me to find him and aircraft with an electric starter (Once bitten twice shy) This we have done and he will be back flying just as soon as he is able.
He certainly is pragmatic about it all and his attitude seems to be one of " Ok this has happened, what do I do about it" and not of self pity.
He is an absolute gentleman and I am proud to have him as a friend.

Alan