Consultation on Review of the ANO

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

John Brady

Consultation on Review of the ANO

Post by John Brady » Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Dear Members,

Following the Red Tape Challenge the CAA is reviewing the ANO with a view to making it better for people like us. The public consultation closes on 26 May. Please will you read the document, dip into the sections that are relevant to you and comment on the questions that are listed there.

This is really important. Find the webpage here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid ... geid=16860

The consultation document can be seen through the CAP 1271 link (have a look at that first) and the SURVEY link takes you to a Survey Monkey page where you can fill in your opinion in question boxes.

Regards,

John

Richard Mole

Re: Consultation on Review of the ANO

Post by Richard Mole » Wed May 06, 2015 9:16 pm

May I add that it is an extremely well written and structured document by comparison with any other CAA document that I have read. Its almost a pleasure to read it!

That said, I asked one of the CAA staff members present at the Duxford meeting if hard copies were available as I had already tried to read it on-line, and sure enough a hard copy from an office printer was sent to me within a very few days. I gather that the CAA did not take forward the general distribution of printed copies for cost reasons.

However, many like me past a certain age find that substantial on-line documents can be very much harder to take in than reading from a hard copy. It would be a very great pity if responses to this consultation were adversely affected for this reason.

Since the ANO consultation is so important I am wondering whether anyone in the print industry might come forward with a low-cost offering?
Richard

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Thu May 07, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi Richard, Not sure that age is a factor as many people prefer actual paper to read. For larger documents a magazines I still prefer paper. It must be very difficult for the CAA to try and estimate a print run, knowing that a large portion will go into the WPB. If we want a low cost CAA then this is one thing that we have to live with.
I am fortunate that I have a high volume laser printer at home, so such a document is easy for me to print should I wish to. There are also online printing options, which seem to me are good VFM. This is just one example...
https://www.doxdirect.com/products/spec ... -printing/
The CAP 1271, all 77 pages in B/W double sided. All for £3.46 in P&P
Ian Melville

Richard Mole

Post by Richard Mole » Thu May 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Ian,
thanks for posting the link which others may find very helpful.
Guess I'll have to knuckle down and respond, now I've raised my head above the parapet!

Regards
Richard
Richard