Dalby Forest Air Strip 28 Day Use.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

r_w_walker

Dalby Forest Air Strip 28 Day Use.

Post by r_w_walker » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:14 pm

24/07/2015. Sorry if you have tried to call on 01751460285. BT line out of order nearly a week now.
If you have left a message on the BT answer system I will reply if they ever fix the fault.

South Moor Farm Air Strip Dalby Forest.

Whilst waiting for my second planning appeal to be determined I intend to operate the air strip for 28 days per year on a trial basis.

Details of the air strip can be found at http://www.southmoorfarm.co.uk/dalbyairfield.html. No landing fee payable during trial phase.

Note the strip is short and extremely bumpy at the moment so may only be suitable for light aircraft with big wheels, gyrocopters or helicopters with skids!

If you would like to visit by car to view the strips suitability please contact me on 01751 460285.

If you would like to fly in I suggest visiting by car first to make sure you are happy with the condition (poor at the moment) of the strip.

Note Prior Permission Required and essential as I need some time to;-

Remove animals and temporary fence. Erect wind sock. Put up warning notices on footpath and road. Prepare reporting point, tea coffee etc.

Please do not fly in without permission, I have an agreement with close neighbours which I intend to keep.

The wind sock will not be flying unless I know aircraft are expected to visit

Bob Walker.
South Moor Farm,
01751 460285.
Robert Walker