Type Forums

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:13 am

All I can see wrong with it is the name !!!

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:01 pm

I tried the Thatcher website and Avast anti-virus software alerted me to a worm. Mind you, a week ago that program was alerting me to the same worm on every topic here and on my own PHPBB, so I'm not sure I believe it.

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Bill McCarthy wrote: I tried to get into the Thatcher website some time ago but the PC warned of a virus.
Where do I get the plans.
Dave Hall wrote:I tried the Thatcher website and Avast anti-virus software alerted me to a worm. Mind you, a week ago that program was alerting me to the same worm on every topic here and on my own PHPBB, so I'm not sure I believe it.
Bill and Dave, The website is blocked from my work place due to malicuious code. Quote from the email I recieved from our security guys. Since that company has serious IT and security teams I tend to listen to what they say.
This site has been determined to contain code that may intentionally modify end-user systems without their consent and cause harm and is therefore appropriately classified at this time.

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. It'll be a no-go area for me too until they sort it out. I've enough irritation from undesirables trying to register on my phpbb, I don't want to have to clean out my system too.

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 am

As a Mac user with immunity - I've braved this potentially hostile environment, retrieved the email address and alerted them with this problem - cor, what it is to boldly go... :shock:

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 am

I got an email back from David Thatcher, he is asking his web host to check it out.

He wasn't aware that his design was approved over here :roll:

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:06 pm

The type is not fully approved for series building. The list of projects under investigation See Eng section of the LAA website shows it has started feasability. To take it forward I suspect it needs someone to liaise with Engineering and get it to the permission to start construction.
Stuart Macconnacher

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:20 pm

The short piece in the mag seemed to suggest that initial approval (i.e. to build a "UK prototype") had been granted based on inspection of the plans. Clarification anyone?

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:31 am

I'm sending off for the Thatcher CX4 plans (just in the process of setting up a new dedicated bank account) and have asked the LAA for a new project registration form. The Thatcher ticks all my boxes as it seems like a cross between a VP and an RV. It's cheap to build and operate (like a VP) but is fast and very pretty (like an RV). It's a pity it's not aerobatic, but then, when I first saw it in the PF mag a couple of years ago I thought then it would be a good step up from the T31m as it will have similar operating costs, but longer legs.

There is a thriving Yahoo group for the type, but it would be good to have a UK based forum as I have a feeling it may prove a very popular choice in the future.

Ivan

PS Nick ... It is appoved but as one hasn't been built here yet, the first will be monitored and used as the lead aircraft which the others will be based on. Apparently, in the case of the first builder being slow, the review of type will leapfrog through the first projects so as not to hold them up. No real problems are expected.
________
Jaguar 420 and Daimler Sovereign (1966?69) history