Jodel detained at Plymouth

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

howell

Re: Jodel detained at Plymouth

Post by howell » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:24 am

Can the LAA obtain a written statement and undertaking from Sutton Harbour Holdings that in the event of an emergency an aircraft will be welcome at Plymouth Airport.
Sutton Harbour Holdings are a total disgrace as a company to have control over a city airport and its unforgivable to treat a person in distress in this way.
I worked in Berlin during the early 1980's when the Berlin wall was in place and any approach to a check point was met by Communist East German Guards and massive concrete Blocks to prevent vehicle access, the concrete blocks placed in front of the Jodel reminded me of Communist East Germany 35 years ago.
Christopher Howell

howell

Post by howell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:05 am

Christopher Howell

B Davies

Post by B Davies » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:10 pm

As I am sure you know, it took far more than a letter from Charles Strasser to resolve this matter. The LAA was heavily involved behind the scenes and an unprecedented level of social media interest played its part. . The chairman of SHH has publicly stated that pilots landing in a genuine emergency will be welcomed in future. He will be issuing new procedures for his operational staff and I am expecting him to send me a copy of those procedures.
Brian Davies