Hoping for Hangarage in South Somerset/ North Dorset

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

sfgriggs

Hoping for Hangarage in South Somerset/ North Dorset

Post by sfgriggs » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 pm

As a newly rejoined member of the LAA, I am in the process of buying a beautiful Avid Flyer, and hoping to base it in an informal setting, ideally a farm strip, as close to home as possible. I am between Yeovil and Crewkerne, just off the A30 in Somerset.

I'm not (generally!) a hooligan and have been flying for a living for over 30 years; first as an RN commando helicopter pilot and for the last 20, as an airline pilot, training captain and Type Rating Instructor on 30-ton turbo-props. I'm also house-trained and reasonably clean! This venture is an effort to get away from the regulated, pressurised, Standard-Operating-Procedure-ruled, flight level nosebleed stuff and back to being airborne just for the joy of it. I promise I'm also sensitive to countryside issues, too. Just in case anyone is not familiar, the Avid has folding wings, so occupies a very small space, only about 17 feet by 7, when it's parked.

If anyone out there in LAA-Land has a vacancy, or knows of one, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

A thousand thanks in advance and happy landings,

Simon
Simon Griggs

samrutherford

Re: Hoping for Hangarage in South Somerset/ North Dorset

Post by samrutherford » Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 am

I might know someone, please send me an email [email protected]

My Avid 4 will be in an enclosed trailer - sort of a mobile hangar if you will...! :lol:

That may be another option?

Cheers, Sam.