Flying in France

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Bob Tavener

Flying in France

Post by Bob Tavener » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:31 pm

I am presently living in the Toulouse area of France and missing my flying :( . Has anybody had any experience of joining a flying club in this area, my French is still very 'schoolboy' so need some english speakers, or does anybody know any LAA members out this way who have an aircraft with them that they may wish to sell a share in? Any thoughts or suggestions very much appreciated. Thank you :D .

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:20 am

Alan George may be able to help - he was out with Airbus and got some flying in while in Toulouse. I've e-mailed him to alert him to your post.

He gave us a Strut talk all about it - and even did some aerobatics ISTR.

Alan George

Post by Alan George » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi Aviologist,

Yes I did some flying with French aeroclubs in the Toulouse area whilst working for Airbus. It might be easier to chat on the phone, you could send me your contact details to alan_dot_george_at_trussler_dot_co_dot_uk

Otherwise can we tie down a few details before I start typing loads of stuff; where in the Toulouse area, do you have transport, what type of flying do you want microlight / taildragger / aeros etc.

The English requirement suggests to me the Aeroclub Clement Ader at Muret that to my knowledge has an expat instructor and several multi-lingual ones.

Regards, Alan.