Is this month's mag out yet?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Nick Allen

Is this month's mag out yet?

Post by Nick Allen » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am

...Because I've not got mine, and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms -- and I want to read about the Panther!

John Dean

Re: Is this month's mag out yet?

Post by John Dean » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:14 am

My copy arrived Friday.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi Nick. I think my copy came on Thursday. If you haven't got it by today then I suggest you give the office a call and ask them to send you a copy.
Rgds, Brian

mmarchant

Post by mmarchant » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Haven't got mine yet either.

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:48 am

Crikey Mark,,,where do you live, Outer Hebrides !

If it's any consolation, I can tell you it's worth the wait. I was particularly taken with Brian's article,
'Fiddling While GA Burns' , wherein he mentions U.S. Air Facts Journal blogger, John Zimmerman . I couldn't resist taking a look at this blog, half expecting to hear the rantings of some gobby yank and found myself nodding vigorously in agreement at nearly everything he said. His drawing of a parallel between golf and GA was actually very well thought out . But what really did it for me was this line from his criticism of the modern generation's almost total reliance on tablet devices :
" The teenager who carefully crafts the perfect on-line persona can't hide behind an Instagram filter when he botches a landing - he might have to admit that some things take a lot of practice". Priceless.

His co-contributor in 'Dick's Blog' is the respected Instructor/Author and journalist , Richard Collins , also well worth reading.
Now, if either of these could be persuaded to grant permission for their material to be used for the occasional article in LA mag,,,,,,,,,,,,or am I being unrealistic here ?

Hope that's whetted your appetite Mark. :D