Flying a permit a/c to Spain and Portugal

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

2greens1red

Flying a permit a/c to Spain and Portugal

Post by 2greens1red » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:32 pm

The procedure for getting permission to fly a permit a/c to both Spain and Portugal from the UK is fairly clear (see http://goo.gl/bNvUVr )

Has anyone experienced delay in extracting replies from the relevant authorities in Spain and Portugal? Or is it a routine procedure?

Thanks.
Richard Lyon

Brian Hope

Re: Flying a permit a/c to Spain and Portugal

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:21 am

Richard, I'm afraid you are likely to experience delays, particularly with Portugal, so send in your applications early.
A friend who has been within the past year suggests: [email protected] for Portugal.

Spain is better but my own experience was that they were not exactly hasty, but that was a while ago now and I understand they are now better. Suggested contacts are:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Scan all your documentation, making sure it will still be current for the time of your visit, and email it with your request.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on so we can update our information and help other members with current information.

Donald Walker

Post by Donald Walker » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:28 am

Here is a copy of the application for a Spanish permit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/artabupy0d9f2 ... n.doc?dl=0

If you send me an email (patowalker (at) btinternet.com) I will send it to you in a Word.doc that can be filled in on your computer. AESA takes about a week to issue the permit if all the docs are in order.

2greens1red

Post by 2greens1red » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:31 am

Many thanks for the info. Dire internet for a week (Croatia), but will follow up a.s.a.p.
Richard Lyon