Moving House

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ROB. THOMASSON

Moving House

Post by ROB. THOMASSON » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:53 pm

I tried to tell the CAA my new address the other day. Has anyone ever succeeded? It would be easier to start flying again and get a new one!
Application rejected
·        Evidence of Identity not submitted.  Please submit a copy of your passport or Full EU driving licence certified by your training provider/examiner into this department.

Working off a private strip frankly I cant be !!!!ed.

ROB. THOMASSON

Re: Moving House

Post by ROB. THOMASSON » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Later I rang them. I got through to licencing and got a recorded message "We are experiencing high volumes of traffic." After 3 of those it said goodbye and cut me off.
Oddly the registration department were excellent, 3 days to return the change of document.
Oh and I realised there is no legal requirement to have either a passport or driving licence to fly.
They need a copy of my licence and ratings as they presumably don't actually know what I have. So I have to say the Red Tape challenge is an epic fail.

tnowak

Post by tnowak » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:59 am

I went through that process myself when I move house two years ago. I had to get my local FI to vouch for me and hours flown.
Seems way over the top if all one is doing is moving house.
Tony Nowak
Tony Nowak

ROB. THOMASSON

Post by ROB. THOMASSON » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:00 pm

I heard back from them. I can fly legally on the old address till I do my reval next year and can change the details at the same time.

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Hey Rob,
I drive past 'The Belgrano' going to and fro from work every day. Although it's probably a bit more like the Marie Celeste these days,
ROB. THOMASSON wrote: So I have to say the Red Tape challenge is an epic fail.
Well , what was dressed up to look like the 'new soft touch' in aviation was really just a rather large cost-cutting exercise. But don't knock it mate, there are quite a few good plus points for us GA pilots that have come out of it.
ROB. THOMASSON wrote: Working off a private strip frankly I cant be !!!!ed.
See,,,you've unwittingly revealed one already. :lol: