Flyer Live 2016

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Paul Hendry-Smith

Flyer Live 2016

Post by Paul Hendry-Smith » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Just a quick note to say that The Light Aircraft Company Ltd will not be exhibiting at the Flyer Live show this year. To those who love the rumor mill, there is no hidden agenda, no we are not going out of business, in fact we don't have enough hours in the day, we have UK and export orders and we have some great stuff happening for 2017. We have seen the show diminish in people coming through the turnstiles by over 2/3rds in the last few years and the introduction on non industry related exhibitors, this year sees a cut from 3 days to 2 days (Friday and Saturday) and I would suggest that it is converted to a bi-annual show and a new venue, but that is only my opinion.

To all those planning to go, have a great time and hopefully see you at Popham 2017, come along and test fly our new aircraft.

PaulHS
If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible.
(Bob Hoover)

Ian Seager

Re: Flyer Live 2016

Post by Ian Seager » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi Paul

As the organiser of the event I'd just like to correct a couple of small points. We've only been involved for a few years, and over that time the numbers certainly haven't decreased by 2/3, in fact I am not sure they have decreased at all (ticket sales are certainly up so far this year).

I'm not sure what you mean by a cut from three days to two? It's only ever been a two day show (at least as far back as I can remember). This year it is Friday Saturday rather than Saturday Sunday.

Anyway, shame not to see you there and I'm glad to hear that you are really busy.

Brgds

Ian

Paul Hendry-Smith

Re: Flyer Live 2016

Post by Paul Hendry-Smith » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:25 am

Hi Ian

I stand corrected on the days, it always just seemed to be a 3 day show??? Re the head count I have noted down the reported head count by Paul over the last 3 years which would indicate somewhat differently, however if ticket sales are up thats great and I wish you a really good show.

Kindest regards

Paul
If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible.
(Bob Hoover)