A few remarks regarding the new format

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

JonKil

A few remarks regarding the new format

Post by JonKil » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:42 pm

On first viewing the new layout looks fresh and inviting. From my side I see quite a few bugs, then I would as I run the NMAI forum in Ireland !.

(1) The first thing I notice is that there is no "HOME" button from the forum page to get you back to the LAA homepage.... so a case of clicking BACK

(2) It now seems that the old PFA bulletin board cannot be viewed anymore, maybe a link from the forum page, or better still a Forum topic that directs back to the old PFA BB board, a lot of info in there.

(3) A lot of the forum headings seem to be missing, there was many more on the old board which was a good idea in my opinion.

(4) There is no facility to add an AVATAR to your profile, nit picking maybe, but a nice touch that ads a bit of interest and colour.

I am not criticising, well maybe I am trying to offer "constructive criticism" .. it is early days and it will take a bit of time to sort it all out

What does everyone else think ?

Regards,
Jon

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Jonkil
I agree with your (1): a direct link back to the LAA homepage would be handy.
The old BB is still functioning, if you dive direct to it thusly: http://www.pfa.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
My earlier post echoes your thoughts on the revised subject headings.
One irritation you may find is that as you write a reply, as I am now doing, you are on a completely new screen, so can no longer see what you are replying to!
And perhaps we can one day be "members" rather than the misspelt variant currently used...

jamie_duff

Post by jamie_duff » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:39 am

Avatars would be great, but it's possible to brighten the place up using the signiature block too in the mean time :D

David Hall

Re: A few remarks regarding the new format

Post by David Hall » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:45 am

jonkil wrote:(1) The first thing I notice is that there is no "HOME" button from the forum page to get you back to the LAA homepage.... so a case of clicking BACK
Usually the LAA logo would form the home link - easily done.

@Nick Allen - when replying, scroll down and you will see previous comments.

Tony Harrison-Smith

Post by Tony Harrison-Smith » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:57 pm

If possible, I would also like to stay logged on so that I don't have to log on everytime I come back to the site to read the messages. :roll:

On the whole, I like the format though.

Tony

Tony Harrison-Smith

Post by Tony Harrison-Smith » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:14 pm

That was quick! Automatic log-in now working OK. Thanks to whoever looks after the website/bulletin board. Very impressed.

Tony

Chris B
Site Admin

Post by Chris B » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi Ron,

I think it's already there. If I click the LAA logo at the top of any BB page I get straight to the LAA home page.

Regards,

Chris B

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:37 am

Chris B wrote:I think it's already there. If I click the LAA logo at the top of any BB page I get straight to the LAA home page.
Don't worry welshman, it wasn't there earlier :shock:

Trevor Lyons

Post by Trevor Lyons » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:51 am

jamie_duff wrote:Avatars would be great, but it's possible to brighten the place up using the signiature block too in the mean time
Er, up to a point, Lord Copper! Rod1's "V=MCR" , for example, is clever, amusing, short, and thus merits repetition; but surely massive signature boxes might work better as single one-off posts, rather than as perennial features that dominate screen space & eat up BB memory?!