Night rating for NPPL

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

oprince

Night rating for NPPL

Post by oprince » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:09 pm

As the ANO 2016 permits the addition of a night rating to an NPPL, I thought I would make a start and hope to be finished in the next week or so.

Has anyone successfully added a night rating to a NPPL yet?

If so, which form did you use? Is it sent to the LAA? Will there be an equivalent Temporary Licence Certificate which permits use of a rating after application and before licence return (http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplic ... il&id=7250).
Oliver Prince

C Rule

Re: Night rating for NPPL

Post by C Rule » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:18 am

As a further question in this topic can i ask the following.
I had a night rating on a previous license before the license became time expired can i add that night rating to a NPPL?
Colin Rule

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Is it sent to the LAA?
I am at LAA HQ on Monday, so hoping to finalise the application forms then add them to the NPPL website after CAA agreement. The applicant will send the form to the LAA for us to recommend addition of the rating to your NPPL.
Will there be an equivalent Temporary Licence Certificate which permits use of a rating after application and before licence return
No, since the SRG1100 Temporary Licence Certificate is only applicable to Part-FCL ratings and certificates.
I had a night rating on a previous license before the license became time expired can i add that night rating to a NPPL?
Yes. We need to reach agreement of the requirements with the CAA but don't expect them to be onerous. Full details will be on the NPPL website shortly.

Kind regards,

Jon
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

C Rule

Post by C Rule » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Jon
Many thanks for the clarification and of course all your hard work on this subject.
regards
Colin
Colin Rule

oprince

Post by oprince » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:21 am

Many thanks for the clarification and information. I look forward to submitting my application shortly. All your hard work is greatly appreciated.
Oliver Prince