CALLING ALL HOMEBUILDERS - TV OPPORTUNITY!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

SteveSlater

CALLING ALL HOMEBUILDERS - TV OPPORTUNITY!

Post by SteveSlater » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm

CALLING ALL HOMEBUILDERS!
Calling all self-build light aircraft enthusiasts! Factual programme producers Off The Fence productions are developing a TV series about UK based aircraft builders and restorers and are looking for potential contributors and presenters for the series.

If you are interested in finding out more about the project and think you may have the passion, enthusiasm and knowledge to take part, then please get in touch with Helen at: [email protected]

Chris Martyr

Re: CALLING ALL HOMEBUILDERS - TV OPPORTUNITY!

Post by Chris Martyr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:42 pm

[quote="SteveSlater"] and think you may have the passion, enthusiasm and knowledge /quote]

Steve , I hope I am not being over cynical here as I'm sure that thousands of LAA'ers have the above credentials , but I'm not too sure how many of us want the "TV Opportunity".

Having endured so many other TV productions about classic cars/aeroplanes which have gone off at tangents that include fake tantrums, tears, arguments and other construed dramas , I fear that most of us probably don't qualify for the Equity card.

I hope I'm not misunderstood here . Anything that gives positive coverage for the LAA is good , but if some TV Producer wants us all looking like mad professors just to make good telly, then I would rather maintain the low profile.
TV Veterinary, Mark Evans was probably one of the more plausible ones , but did anyone notice how he always drilled the full-size hole first time , it always lined up , the bolt went straight in [with no jointing compound] with no de-burring and then it was straight on to the next phase of whatever he was building/restoring.
I'm sure that there are plenty of potential candidates out there , but I have a sneaking feeling that it's easier to take a "TV Celeb" and turn him/her into an aircraft builder, than take a homebuilder and turn him/her into a TV Celeb !

[cynic mode off,,,] Or am I just being realistic.

Gerry Holland

Re: CALLING ALL HOMEBUILDERS - TV OPPORTUNITY!

Post by Gerry Holland » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:15 am

Chris
That sums it up nicely!
Gerry