Old PFA BB access

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Brian Hope

Old PFA BB access

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:51 pm

It is now possible to access the old PFA bulletin board. If you click the link below it will take you to the opening BB page. However, if you are automatically logged on it will not list the topics. Log off and hit the back button, or start over again by clicking the link, and the first page will open fully.
It is not possible to log on or post on the old BB.
http://www.pfa.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

David White

Post by David White » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Thaks, Brian.

There is a bit of a 'gotcha' that people may need to be aware of. If you were set up to log in automatically to the old BB, you may get the message below when you click Brian's link:
FYI
Sorry, either your membership has not yet been approved or the board administrators have removed your ability to post to this board. We cannot allow you to perform this action as a result.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.
To resolve, either:
1. Clear cookies and revisit the link, or
2. When you get the message above click on "Log Out" and then select "forum home" from the top right of the screen,

Then you'll be all set.
--
Dave White

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:43 am

Brian, Thanks for this.
Jeremy, One solution is to log into the old BB using this from a computer you haven't used for this purpose before (a colleague's?). (I'm currently away, and working on a laptop that is virginal in this respect, and went straight to the old BB without problem.) Alternatively, just delete the relevant cookie: it should be called something obvious pertaining to PFA. Firefox has this under Tools-Options-Show cookies, with a select and delete option; for Explorer look on your drive under \Documents and settings\administrator\cookies (I guess this may depend on your Windows version), and again the relevant cookie(s) should be obvious. (There may be a neater solution from within Explorer, but I don't know this!) Hope this helps.

David White

Post by David White » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:37 pm

That's strange, Jeremy - the log out method worked fine for me. :?

Take the point about clearing all cookies!
--
Dave White

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Jeremy, the 'for the time being' means that this is not the final solution, just temporary until Penny has time to make the old BB more easily accessible from the LAA website.
Seems that even when you do get something sorted, albeit not perfectly, you get some who are still not happy. What is it they say about not being able to please all the people all, or should that be any, of the time!

mike walling

Log on to LAA BB

Post by mike walling » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:58 am

When I came to logon 1st time this year I was amazed that I wasn't automatically taken to the new site and that my name & pasword didn't work, so I had to go thro the pain of re-registering again. Who decided that..... :!:

John Dean

Re: Log on to LAA BB

Post by John Dean » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 pm

The need to re-register was mentioned on the old board and also in the first issue of Light Aviation.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:18 am

Mike, I wish you well, I hope the pain is not too intense and you will be feeling better soon.

Graham Newby

Post by Graham Newby » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:18 pm

The hosts of our old BB and shop were hacked in to last week. We have got the shop up and running again today and we now wait for the old BB to be available again.

Graham