Old PFA BB access

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:22 am

Welshman, please do not infer that I or anybody else at LAA is being anything but honest with our responses about the old BB, or anything els for that matter. The shop and the old BB were hacked into and though the shop has been sorted the BB remains a problem. I asked Penny about this when I was at Turweston the other day; the company who's responsibility it is to sort the problem are being a pain in the burtt, but we are insisting they sort the problem and are still on the case.

Richard Boyton

Post by Richard Boyton » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:30 am

Just for info, Gliderpilot.net also got hit about a month ago and will not go back up until beginning of April

We are not the only ones to suffer but would like to make the people who hack feel the pain

Gary M

Post by Gary M » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:18 pm

If regular back ups are taken and stored separately it would help to protect this site and the BBs

PennySharpe
Site Admin

Post by PennySharpe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:06 pm

The old bulletin board has now been restored:

http://www.pfa.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

David White

Post by David White » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:47 pm

However, most of the posts no longer seem to be there; I was just looking for something in the old "Hangar Chat" and there is only one thread (the most recent) accessible.

The search facility works, so the posts are there somewhere - any ideas why browsing is no longer apparently possible?
--
Dave White

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:56 pm

David White wrote:However, most of the posts no longer seem to be there; I was just looking for something in the old "Hangar Chat" and there is only one thread (the most recent) accessible.

The search facility works, so the posts are there somewhere - any ideas why browsing is no longer apparently possible?
Top right hand corner, there's a drop down list

The default is "Show topics from the last 45 days" but you can change it to "show all topics"

David White

Post by David White » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Doh! :oops:

Thanks, Leia.
--
Dave White