LAA Magazine

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:27 pm

The September magazine is in the post, hopefully it will arrive with members tomorrow, the 4th. Personally I've always though it rather silly to have a magazine two weeks or more prior to its dated month; I have been trying to get the mag out by the first of the month but things seem to have conspired against it of late.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:08 am

I thought the cover went up on Monday - hardly a week ago!

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 am

Crikey - give the guy a break!

A few days either side of the planned date is okay by me particularly as it isn't Brian's full time job and getting copy from contributors (welshman?) and managing printers etc are all I'm sure challenging.

As a parallel, I don't even know how regular the Loop publication date is - nor will I be checking it out!

Ref the advance mouthwatering cover pic on the web - guess you could consider adding one article from the mag to that - to give people something to read in advance? Either way, it gives me something to look forward to.

Regards
Steve

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Welshman, it's good to see you enjoy the mag so much you can't wait to get your hands on the next issue. Brian's clearly doing a cracking job.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:40 pm

To be honest Welshman, I did not know that was the situation or that it had been put on the main page. I had an editorial meeting at LOOP today to review the September issue and discuss progress on the October issue and some projects we are working on for the future. Got home late this afternoon so was out of the loop with the office all day so to speak.
Just consider that if you're pi**ed off because you haven't got your mag yet, how do you think I feel about it? All I can say is that I believe this issue is the best yet, I'm absolutely delighted with it and hope the members will be too - when it finally arrives.

Jonathan Wilkins

Post by Jonathan Wilkins » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Well i think your doing a sterling job Brian. My mag hasnt turned up yet, and as far as im concerned i cant read it until it does so il find something else to read in the meantime. Here ends the debate!! :?

Nigel Ramsay

Magazine

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Mine's here Brian :lol:

Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 pm

And mine arrived this morning - great read, Brian, thanks.

cardiffrob

Post by cardiffrob » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Monday for me. Picture quality is fantastic!