LAPL / NPPL(A) revalidation question

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Steve.j

LAPL / NPPL(A) revalidation question

Post by Steve.j » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:27 pm

New to the forum, but been a LAA member for a few years. I don't normally do this on-line stuff, but here goes...
Please can someone clear up some confusion? I currently hold NPPL(M) and NPPL(A) and am considering conversion to LAPL to enable me to take up the opportunity of flying a Cherokee this summer. Question regards revalidation of the LAPL - do hours in an annex 2 aircraft ie Jodel or similar, count towards the LAPL revalidation?
Most of my flying is done on either a Jodel or Eurostar, and I cannot guarantee being able to obtain the 6hrs/year on an EASA machine as it is not mine and may not always be available when I am (I work stupid hours).
Any help appreciated
RGDS
Steve
Steve Johns

Cookie

Re: LAPL / NPPL(A) revalidation question

Post by Cookie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Steve,

You will find the answer in LAA Technical Leaflet 2.09 which confirms the current CAA policy allowing flight time gained in non-EASA aircraft to be credited towards issue, renewal, and revalidation of EASA licences, ratings, and certificates. Therefore, flight time gained in a Jodel would count towards the revalidation requirements of SEP privileges within the LAPL(A).

EASA regulations do currently prevent the crediting of microlight flight time towards SEP revalidation requirements.

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... rcraft.pdf

Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

Steve.j

Re: LAPL / NPPL(A) revalidation question

Post by Steve.j » Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Thank you Cookie,
Very much appreciated
Rgds
Steve
Steve Johns