CAA to EASA licence conversion

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

mcfadyeanda

CAA to EASA licence conversion

Post by mcfadyeanda » Mon May 07, 2018 8:51 pm

To answer my earlier question, CAA has confirmed (by personal email, sent on Bank Holiday Monday!!) that a Self Dec medical is now sufficient to apply for the above, and that a Class 2 (as required by the application forms) is not required. Subject to limitations of use in any onward absence of Class 2.

Next question is how long have we now got? June 8th of April 2019? And can Annex II be used yet as basis of flight experience for biennial renewal?

Maybe this is already common knowledge, but it's not been apparent or clear to me from this/other forums nor CAA publications, especially ORS4 N0.1260 .
Duncan McFadyean

Cookie

Re: CAA to EASA licence conversion

Post by Cookie » Thu May 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi Duncan,

In answer to your questions:
Next question is how long have we now got? June 8th of April 2019?
Assuming you gained your NPPL with SSEA rating or UK national PPL prior to 08th April 2018, you can apply under the conversion agreement in CAP 804 Section 4 Part P for an EASA licence AT ANY TIME providing you meet the relevant criteria. As I write, the ORS4 exemption which allows for the use of a Pilot Medical Declaration with EASA licences/aeroplanes (and issue of the same) but this exemption currently expires at midnight on 07th June 2018.
And can Annex II be used yet as basis of flight experience for biennial renewal?
Prior to the introduction of EASA in 2012, we identified the issue surrounding crediting of flight time gained in Annex II aircraft and approached the UK CAA. The UK CAA confirmed that they accept, and will continue to accept, experience gained in non-EASA aeroplanes (with the exception of microlight experience) towards the issue/renewal/revalidation of EASA licences/ratings/certificates. See LAA Technical Leaflet 2.09 and the article below on the Flyer website:

LAA Technical Leaflet 2.09
http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... rcraft.pdf

Flyer article
https://www.flyer.co.uk/flight-hours-an ... -easa-ppl/

ATB Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

Pete

Re: CAA to EASA licence conversion

Post by Pete » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 am

ORS4 1260 supercedes and extends to June 2019

But As I mentioned in a post to Steve, the CAA ppl to easa conversion application form requires a medical certificate.

So it's unclear how you go about applying to convert.
Peter Diffey