Permit overflight in Italy

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

SteveKR

Permit overflight in Italy

Post by SteveKR » Tue May 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Does anyone have contact details for the Italian ENAC that I need to contact to get overflight permission in Italy for my Jodel D120 (not covered by ECAC as it's an orphaned factory built plane)? I can't find anything on their website that doesn't relate to airlines.

I did find an AIC entry that said "All [non ICAO compliant] aircraft ... registered in the European Union Countries....... in accordance with the provisions of the E.U. Regulation 1592/2002 Annex II (a) - (d), are allowed to fly over and land in the Italian territory without the previous ENAC authorization" but am assured by the CAA that an LAA permit aircraft doesn't fall under this definition. If anyone can demonstrate differently that would be even better than the contact details.

Cheers,

Steve Kenyon-Roberts

Mark A

Re: Permit overflight in Italy

Post by Mark A » Tue May 22, 2018 5:34 pm

TheItalian AIC A 1/2008 is still listed as valid.

That appears to allow any EU permit to fly an exemption subject to the listed restrictions.
Mark Albery

Donald Walker

Re: Permit overflight in Italy

Post by Donald Walker » Mon May 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Steve,

Your aircraft is covered by ECAC Recommendation on Historical Aircraft - 2016 (ECAC/35-1)
https://www.ecac-ceac.org/home-built-aircraft

However, what covers it for overflight is AIC A 1/2008, which requires it to be an Annex II (a -d) aircraft. EASA has classified it as Annex II here
7. Certain aircraft (some Jodel series, Emeraude series, including Smargd and Linnet) have been declared as Annex II because of direct similarity with the original Jodel D11 and CP30 aircraft, even though design/production of later variants may not fit in with the 1955/1975 criterion.
The D120 is listed on page 8.

Donald