South Moor Farm Air Strip - Crowdfunding ended.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

r_w_walker

South Moor Farm Air Strip - Crowdfunding ended.

Post by r_w_walker » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi, if you have been following the saga of my air strip I now need some help.

So far planning applications, appeals and consultants have cost £5000 per year over the last 5 years.

The planning authority is saying they will not consider a fifth application even with an Ecological Impact assessment so a legal challenge may be necessary if they do not change their mind.

I need £25000 this year to fund the Ecological Impact Assessment, planning application and legal fees.

A few friends, pilots and family have offered some financial support but I will need a lot more.

Any funds raised which are not required will be split between the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and other airfield fighting funds.

If successful I hope the result may enable other small flying sites to be set up.

For the full story visit my Crowd Funding page at

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/david-v-goliath

Or my Facebook page at

https://www.facebook.com/South-Moor-Far ... 459601302/

If I do not obtain some support I can not continue to fight the planning authority and the final result could be used to stop other flying sites being opened.

If you can help please do so and tell other pilots and friends about the appeal.

Thank you in anticipation.

Bob.
Last edited by r_w_walker on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Walker

r_w_walker

Re: South Moor Farm Air Strip Help Needed Now. Small Rewards

Post by r_w_walker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm

I would like to help - BUT

South Moor Farm Air Strip Donations.

I now realize some supporters are not happy giving personal and bank details online and prefer to remain anonymous.

If that describes you but you would like to help:-

Wrap a bank note in blank A4 paper put it into a brown envelope and post it to me. If you want any of the rewards on offer include a nickname or other identifier and claim the reward when you visit. Free tea, coffee and biscuits available for all donations.

You can visit Dalby Forest on Foot, Bike, Horse or Car but not in your aircraft - yet. See our Website if you do not want to pay the £9 charge in Dalby Forest.

R W Walker,
South Moor Farm,
Dalby Forest Drive,
Langdale End,
Scarborough,
YO13 0LW
Robert Walker

r_w_walker

Post by r_w_walker » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:31 pm

The following pledge appears near the end of my appeal.

"Funds received which are not required will be shared between the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and other air fields which are threatened by planners whims.

If I successfully obtain planning permission I will donate £1000 per year to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance .

It is currently costing £1000 per year to park my aircraft at another airfield and travel to and from the airfield by car."

Thank you ANONYMOUS wrapped bank note arrived safely!
Robert Walker

r_w_walker

Post by r_w_walker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Small rewards available until 31st Dec 2020.
​​​​​​​
Robert Walker

r_w_walker

Re: South Moor Farm Air Strip Help Needed Now. 3 days left.

Post by r_w_walker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Well, it was worth a try!

Only 3 days to go on my crowdfunder project.

No t enough support for a legal challenge.

I will try for a fifth planning application and will ask for letters of support nearer the time.

Hopefully with no cash involved a few more will write to the planning authority to support my application.
Robert Walker

r_w_walker

Re: South Moor Farm Air Strip - Crowdfunding ended.

Post by r_w_walker » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Thank you for all the contributions.

Not enough to meet mount a legal challenge but I will submit a fifth application if the new planning consultants think we can overcome the National Parks reservations.
Robert Walker