Flying Flea

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Chris Martyr

Re: Flying Flea

Post by Chris Martyr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks for that great link Brian . I just hope that other readers enjoy it as much as I did .... :D

Also , I am pretty sure that other projects from this chap have appeared in LA mag before . It was the aluminium ladder wing-spar that I recognised from a past article . [RSA fly-in ?]

The vids of the Demoichelle really have got my juices flowing , plus it is an SSDR to boot .

Did old Henri know what he was starting all them years ago.....???.. :D :D

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Chris, I first saw the original Pouchel, built with ladders, at an RSA Rally some years ago, probably the mid noughties, and pictured it in the mag. I believe it was also an entrant in the LAA SSDR design competition in 2007. You will no doubt have seen from their website that they have flown one with an electric motor.
I saw a Scoutchel flying at the Blois ULM Salon about five years ago (the one year recently when it hasn't clashed with the LAA Rally) and it was impressively manoeuvrable.

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:01 pm

That Scoutchel is very similar to my Letov Stuka (except that the struts on mine are the other way up and the Sluka is totally enclosed ). The Sluka “ladder” wing structure couldn’t be simpler to construct and if I could do the calcs I would build another using rectangular, radiused aluminium boom tubing. Flying the Sluka is easier than riding a bicycle as is as cheap to maintain ! I had been in touch with the Sluka importer and he had stated that in the order of 20 were sold in the UK but one was never completed - so there could be a kit lying around in someone’s garage waiting to be discovered !

ColinC

Post by ColinC » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:23 am

There is an english language newsletter that may be of interest. All the issues are here: https://sites.google.com/a/flyingflea.c ... /pou-renew

Also this french site has a wealth of related information including articles on material, engine conversion etc: https://pouguide.org/

Regards,

Colin
Colin Cheese