ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

jangiolini

Re: The Importance of Voting at OUR AGM .

Post by jangiolini » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 am

When are the motions etc being posted on the AGM link?
John.
John Angiolini

PaulSS

Post by PaulSS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 am

I have no agenda to subvert the LAA. The object of Stewart Jackson’s motion is to clear my name of allegations gratuitously made against me and the LAA’s name of being vindictive and misogynistic, and move on.
Oh that takes the biscuit. You've already attempted to subvert the LAA by claiming to have done things which you did not and benefit as a result of it by receiving the award.

What you are saying above is that if we vote 'No' again (as I will) then your name will not be cleared but the LAA will be judged by you, still, to be vindictive and misogynistic. In other words, you are threatening that unless you are given the award back that you will continue to make your claims of misogyny etc.

As I said previously, you are like a spoilt child and if you don't get your toy back (and, by association, clear your name) then you will scream and scream that we're vindictive, sexist, senile, angry old men. It is only if you were stupidly re-awarded that you would 'move on'. I bet it's not your intention to do so if there's a resounding 'No'.

I might say that I'm surprised you have the gall to seek a claim for something you never did but, then again, I realise I'm writing to someone who wears Fleet Air Arm wings. Did you complete the selection and training for the award of those in the same manner as you did your 'solo' flying?

Paul Simmonds-Short (not hiding behind any pseudonyms)
Ex-Fleet Air Arm (and entitled to wear the wings)
Not angry but dislikes poseurs and those who distort the truth for their own vain gain and then pretend it's for the good of something else.
Paul Simmonds-Short

Ian Hoolahan

Post by Ian Hoolahan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 am

Tracy,
I have a lot of admiration for the flight even as it was actually done but not in the way you have approached this discussion.
You say you are not a liar but when you say
He never flew the plane. The Stearman is not even fully dual. You can take the stick and follow it around, but he’s not flying it,” she says. That refers to the limited front controls that enable old tandem planes to be flown from either seat.

And in photographs it can plainly be seen that by most pilots definition it DOES have full dual controls, that you are at the least stretching the truth and in a stupid way that can be instantly seen through by anyone that knows anything about aircraft!

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Is TCT getting the ballot papers to count ?

Trevor Harvey

Post by Trevor Harvey » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Tracy, I think it would have been more dignified if you had just let this matter drop. The vote was taken by a majority, following the rules of the constitution, subject closed.
Dragging this up again after two years looks to me an attempt to reverse that decision by appealing to the management that the rank and file membership got it all wrong because we are a vindictive bunch of bad tempered woman hating old men.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
I'm not about to quote all the reasons that made my mind up which way to vote in 2016, but I am certainly not going to change my mind this time round.
The more times you throw your teddy out the pram the more ridiculous you look.
For the record I voted against you and will do so again!

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Tracey , thanks for replying , but you have to get rid of this ridiculous idea of yours regarding misogyny within the LAA . It lowers your argument down to the nadir of all absurdities.
Several of the people who have been critical of your actions are actually of the female gender , so please desist in using this as a rather convenient screen to hide behind. It makes you appear foolish and is simply not true !

Furthermore , I can reassure you that you have gained notoriety with just a few more than "12 angry men" , and none of these "men" are squalid internet trolls with a "capacity for hatred". Many , like myself work professionally within the aviation industry .

In August 2001 , the CAA Surveyor whose remit covered the LAA , a gentleman named Dave Marsh whom I knew professionally , visited my premises with LAA Chief Inspector , Ken Craigie in order to view my aeroplane under construction . You'll be pleased to know that they didn't find some sink-estate oik , full of hatred with future tendencies to anonymously harass people via the internet. And herein lies my next point . The LAA is an Approved Organisation with remit from the CAA to oversee the construction , maintenance and operation of aeroplanes on an LAA issued PtF . As well as airworthiness issues , the remit covers procedure , governance and staffing levels . So it may behove you and certain others to bear in mind that your actions may well be being viewed with distaste from several other quarters and to desist with your self-centred and unnecessary actions might just be an extremely good idea !
Whether you have a large army of aides-de-camp or whether you do not , will have very little bearing on Oct 21st . As with October 2016 , it will be the LAA membership who decide. I also hope that your statement regarding what happens after, has a grain of truth to it as well . Because quite frankly , the outcome of the Oct21st vote doesn't really worry me , but the "what happens next" bit does and you can be certain that it will be many more than just "12 angry men" who will be watching that !

Finally :
Tracey Curtis-Taylor wrote:• I am not a liar, .
It is unfortunate indeed that the words 'lies' and 'deceit' have been so prevalent when your past actions have been discussed . But a certain video-clip and a certain backdrop from a presentation do seem to suggest otherwise.
This whole scenario gets uglier by the day . I do hope that common sense prevails prior to October 21st.

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:37 pm

I've just seen the motions and statements. Fairly confident in identifying myself as the 'disgruntled contractor'.

I'd like to point out that I'm not (and never was) disgruntled, don't hold a grudge and, objectively, did not leave the Expedition early. I left at the same time as everyone else, as planned. Another lie.

Tracey is busy still trying to claim she never sold 'solo'. It's simply not true - even Brian Hope who was present when the original award was decided upon used the words 'solo flight' and 'deception':

Re: Tracey Curtis-Taylor

Brian Hope » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi Paul, the fact that a back up team was in place was known from the start as it was made clear that a documentary was going to be made of the journey. It was the fact that a passenger was carried on the aircraft after it had been touted as a solo flight that has caused the furore.

It comes down to personal opinion at the end of the day, the committee decided the flight remained worthy of recognition despite the deception.
I think I have explained the situation adequately and have nothing more to add.
Brian
Last edited by samrutherford on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:43 pm

And perhaps Tracey would care to explain how this fits with her statement:

Flying towards Baragwanath (JLPC), Tracey and Ewald in the Stearman. I was with the film crew in the C208.

I was suddenly asked to find a diversion airfield as large crowds were expected there and she was supposed to be alone.

With help from the Ops room in Brussels we diverted, Ewald jumped out (and into the C208), and Tracey was able to land at Baragwanath solo in the aircraft.

Why the need to do this if it was 'known all along'?

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm not going to go through all of Tracey's statement, but this line stood out: "various people accompanied me in the Stearman for most of the legs of my flights."

More accurately, that could read: "Ewald (flight instructor as well as builder and owner of the aeroplane) accompanied me on 40 of the 44 flights".

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm

EDITED.

I have read the proposal and all statements and frankly I am appalled that anyone thinks they go any way toward explaining away what has happened here.

The word ‘solo’ was used in just about every media report with no attempt made to correct it, awards were accepted on that basis, the claim was made both on the Herne Bay video (twice) and the huge, red backdrop (conspicuous by its absence from the supporting statements) proclaimed “....alone...”. Are we to believe that this did not influence the Awards Committee? Of course it did! Why wouldn’t they believe it? After all, the word appeared every time the venture was reported. I certainly don’t blame them, we all believed it too.

Let’s assume for a moment that the award had been given for a ‘feat of navigation’. That would have been before the pictures of the Stearman cockpits, fitted with multiple GPS and iPads, were produced and I’m sorry but anyone who thinks it was a feat of navigation to follow those four or five devices each day is deluded. Had the award been given for a feat of navigation I would have joined the queue to propose it be rescinded.

As for proxy votes, so what? Are members who are unable to attend to be discounted? Not everyone is retired or can afford the cost of travelling to Sywell or a day off work. Why should they lose their vote?
Last edited by Paul Catanach on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Well...................................

I just cannot believe that I've read all that baloney ! I reckon it could just sway any 'floating voters' though. It's commonly referred to as a whitewash !

There's nothing like an organisation which keeps in tune with the shareholders who finance it is there ?

..........................and thoroughly underlines why the thread was re-titled !

Alan Kilbride

Post by Alan Kilbride » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:39 pm

And who was invited to put the case against the motion?
I am starting to feel this is a fit up, and the LAA runs through me like a stick of rock, as it does for so many. I defend my (our) association through thick and thin, but I am now so angry words can't explain my feelings. I'll try.
Divisive, Dictatorial, Underhand...............
Look inside yourselves at what you are doing to us.
After this motion, I suggest those who instigated it, consider their position, whichever way it goes.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:04 pm

I just received the following from an LAA member who has asked me to post for them as they are having IT trouble and wishes to remain anonymous on this forum.
My reflection after reading through is this:

(Quote removed but basically it said the same as many other members have posted since. PC
Last edited by Paul Catanach on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jangiolini

Post by jangiolini » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:10 pm

I have just read the Motions and I have never felt so insulted in all my life! I am furious at being told what to do in a democratic associations. I am not connected with any of the perpetrators of the motions but I have read and viewed the evidence so to suggest otherwise is a slur on me! Stewart Jackson you have a nerve and to be honest I really think after this is over you should seriously consider your position!!
I was floating and now galvanised into voting against both motions BY PROXY.... Misogynistic you are joking aren't you Mr Jackson!!
TCT was able to follow a gps system and by the sounds of things not very well having got lost and with her assistance in the cockpit plus support team I could have completed that flight too! I fly with map and compass and do not allow GPS devices in my aircraft... What happens if the battery fails!! It certainly wasnt a tremendous feat of flying rather an endurance and a jolly...
P.S. I was under the impression that if the joysticks are coupled together(only able to follow the pilot) then flying the plane from either seat is possible! were the rudder peddles disconnected?
Award rescinded and should remain so!
One VERY angry association member.
John.
John Angiolini

B Davies

Post by B Davies » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:30 pm

TC-T quote "I am sorry that the 2018 AGM is confronted by a motion about me. It comes at the suggestion of the Chairman."

I had intended to refrain from making any comment on this subject but I feel I must respond to Tracy's comment above. Ever since the original motion was passed Tracy has been trying to get the board to reverse the decision. We have been very clear that once a motion has been passed the only way it can be changed is by another motion. If a vote has been taken incorrectly the only way to correct the situation is to take the vote again. If a member feels that they have been treated unfairly or incorrectly as a result of a motion at an AGM I will defend their right to seek redress through the AGM process regardless of my views on the merits or otherwise of the case.

This position has been explained to Tracy on a number of occasions. The decision to raise this issue again at an AGM is Tracy's. The risks have been explained to her but she has decided to go ahead with it. I support her right to do so.

Brian Davies
Chairman
Brian Davies