ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Planemike

Re: The Importance of Voting at OUR AGM .

Post by Planemike » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Have read Richard Maxted's post. Would just point out the LAA is not unique in rescinding an award.
Many other individuals in other walks of life have been stripped of theirs honors when other information has come to light.
Michael Blake

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 pm

RichardMaxted wrote: Given that an honest decision was made by the Awards Group I would support their decision at the time given the facts they knew.
Richard , you contribute a very objective and well written post . I do not believe that anybody then or now has any criticism of our awards committee . It is only due to what has emerged since that has brought so much into question.

Had this been a purely in-house LAA matter , then it would have been dispensed into the shredder of history a long time ago. I was extremely dismissive of what the sceptics were stirring up two & a half years ago and wanted no part of it. My posts on here prove that .
What changed my mind though was that I didn't realise that the whole thing had this rather questionable and mysterious lack of authenticity attached to it and that many others outside of LAA land had rumbled that it was nothing like what it's main protagonists were saying it was.

The other unfortunate fact is that the LAA could have stopped all this in its tracks had they just given a nod of acknowledgement that it was perhaps not what it seemed . But they didn't !

Which is why it came to such an ugly head at Sywell in 2016. And an even uglier head in 2018 !

The most ironic part is that now , it is completely immaterial if she retains recognition of this award from 2014 or not . Now it is all about a rather large and frail ego and how much damage her lawyers can inflict on anyone who dares cross her and her rather well placed friends .

There are people from within our Association who need to make the decision . Is my priority in the LAA to elevate my aeroplane . Or to elevate myself !

Only one of these answers is correct.

Tracey Curtis-Taylor

Post by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm

David,

With regard to your first point about the authorship of the motion, I refer to the minutes of the meeting, 23 Sept 2016, which record that a motion was received from Barry Tempest. This was found to be libellous. The minutes further record that 'Brian Davies proposed the alternative wording'. The best the CEO could find to say was that the Board had agreed to the re-written motion 'in a spirit of democracy', even though it was 'factually incorrect'.

On the matter of the 'judicial review', you may recall that you raised the possibility of this yourself to Brian Davies just before the AGM.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:40 pm

So, no answers to actual questions then?

Jonathan Holland

Post by Jonathan Holland » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh my God, it’s like being taken over by aliens.
Last edited by Jonathan Holland on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveWhite

Post by DaveWhite » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Tracey Curtis-Taylor wrote:I refer to the minutes of the meeting, 23 Sept 2016...
Those minutes (that meeting is not the 2016 AGM of 22 Oct) do not appear to be available online for the public audience of this thread to read in context. Without that ability, it is impossible for the wider membership to take an informed view of your post.
--
Dave White

Trevor Harvey

Post by Trevor Harvey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:35 am

Owing to the fact that the camel train carrying my copy of the magazine has not yet reached Middle Eastern Haggistan, I have taken the liberty of printing the proxy form and entering "against" into the two motions that refer to this sorry affair. I sincerely hope I haven't broken the law by doing this without outside influence or guidance. Unfortunately the telephone system seems to have failed as I have not yet been advised whether or not I may have made a serious error, placing myself and my estate in serious jeopardy.

dmcnicholl

Post by dmcnicholl » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 am

djmwhite wrote:Those minutes (that meeting is not the 2016 AGM of 22 Oct) do not appear to be available online for the public audience of this thread to read in context.
Google "minutes of the LAA 2016 AGM":-
http://lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/A ... bsite.docx
Donald McNicholl

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:08 am

Signing off...

Until this was all re-ignited last month, my previous post was July (asking that everyone move on, that Tracey be left to carry on with her life), and then before that was November 2017.

When Tracey kicked it all off again, I was drawn back in.

Since then we have seen that questions remain unanswered - indeed the only response is aggression and deflection. Either on these pages or via lawyers, in public or in the shadows. The deceit continues, the whitewashing, the bullying...

Fundamentally, I guess it's down to whether this type of behaviour is deserving of our/your support (indeed honour) or not.

My vote is made, the AGM will show whether I'm in the majority or minority.

Safe Flights! Sam.

Tracey Curtis-Taylor

Post by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 am

Dear Sam

In answer to yours of early Saturday morning, the 2018 motions mean what the words say. I don't think this forum is the place to respond in detail to your untrue allegations or to go into the reasons why your professional role in the 2013 Africa flight did not go well and you subsequently directed your bitterness against me.

As you know, since 2015, you and your friend Mike Flynn, a journalist now based in Thailand, who posts on PPruNe as 'Jay Sata', have waged a campaign of abuse against me. In addition to the stream of bile on PPruNe you variously bombarded the Air League, the Honorary Company of Air Pilots (you wrote to every chapter around the world), the RAeS, Women in Aviation and numerous other organisations involved in my outreach programme with destructive personal messages. You even contacted the ex-husband from whom I parted company with over twenty years ago in your efforts to promote an agenda of character assassination.

I admit to being caught unawares by the motion at the 2016 AGM to rescind the Woodhams Award and condemn me for bringing the LAA into disrepute. I didn't realise that having joined the Association in April of that year you had sent a string of emails to the Board demanding my disgrace, and had eventually found angry men willing to propose and second.

It was a remarkable and unprecedented achievement to get a motion humiliating a named individual carried almost entirely by proxy votes and it's understandably irritating to you and your friends that she should be so unreasonable as to seek justice. Why can't this damned woman accept the kicking she got and stay in the gutter where she belongs?

samrutherford

Post by samrutherford » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:24 am

Ah, so much for moving on!

I have only every had ONE version of this story - it has remained unchanged throughout. I know you made four formal statements, and then a fifth with this motion... Five versions of the same story?

In answer to yours of early Saturday morning, the 2018 motions mean what the words say. I don't think this forum is the place to respond in detail to your untrue allegations

I think many people believe this is EXACTLY the place to respond to them

or to go into the reasons why your professional role in the 2013 Africa flight did not go well

We did everything we were supposed to do. We had all the necessary permits (overflight, landing and film), fuel, accommodation, food, ground transportataion, etc. etc. correctly delivered throughout? We got you, and the entire team, safely from Cape Town to Crete. Have I missed something? Perhaps I should shed more light on YOUR performance during this journey? You forget I was involved since 2011...

and you subsequently directed your bitterness against me.

I'm not bitter, not then, not now. What do you think I am bitter about?

As you know, since 2015, you and your friend Mike Flynn,

Mike is not my friend, indeed we have never even spoken, even by phone. We do however share a common concern.

a journalist now based in Thailand, who posts on PPruNe as 'Jay Sata', have waged a campaign of abuse against me.

Not abuse, a campaign of correction of the falsehoods you were still putting out (after I had previously asked you TWICE to stop accepting awards). Had you politely refused all these 'solo' accolades, I would have kept my silence (I had been completely silent until that point).

In addition to the stream of bile on PPruNe

Not me. I agree that some of the posts on Pprune are completely unacceptable - but they are not mine.

you variously bombarded the Air League, the Honorary Company of Air Pilots (you wrote to every chapter around the world), the RAeS, Women in Aviation and numerous other organisations involved in my outreach programme with destructive personal messages.

Bombarded is subjective, but I am happy to accept my part in bringing awareness of the reality of your flights to those who had been taken in by your version of events. I believe it's called whistleblowing?

You even contacted the ex-husband from whom I parted company with over twenty years ago in your efforts to promote an agenda of character assassination.

Actually not, he contacted me.

I admit to being caught unawares by the motion at the 2016 AGM to rescind the Woodhams Award and condemn me for bringing the LAA into disrepute. I didn't realise that having joined the Association in April of that year you had sent a string of emails to the Board demanding my disgrace,

My emails to the board were, again, to inform them that they were not fully informed at the time of the reality of your achievement. It has been posted here by members of the board that they thought you had flown solo, and your behaviour was described (not my words) as a 'deception'.

and had eventually found angry men willing to propose and second.

I can assure you that there are a great many angry women out there as well. Despite your description of the LAA as variously 'vindictive' 'old men'.

It was a remarkable and unprecedented achievement to get a motion humiliating a named individual carried almost entirely by proxy votes and it's understandably irritating to you and your friends that she should be so unreasonable as to seek justice.

I can't speak for 'my friends', but I'm not irritated in the slightest. You're entirely welcome to your motion at the AGM to see whether the members share your position. Also, please stop insulting proxy voters - their vote is just as valid as any other.

Why can't this damned woman accept the kicking she got and stay in the gutter where she belongs?

I'm not going to justify this line with any sort of response.

Gerry Holland

Post by Gerry Holland » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:54 am

Not much hope for World peace then.....
My aged wisdom has assessed the situation and I have applied my small part of democracy as I see fit.
Proxy Vote sent. Now I am going flying......Solo......only got a single seat Airplane. Solves much!
Regards
Gerry

Jonathan Holland

Post by Jonathan Holland » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:00 pm

One has to admit though, it’s quite an impressive achievement to write a long and well-worded post like that whilst busy preparing the Sunday roast AND doing the various chores around the house.

8)

Trevor Harvey

Post by Trevor Harvey » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Jonathan Holland wrote:One has to admit though, it’s quite an impressive achievement to write a long and well-worded post like that whilst busy preparing the Sunday roast AND doing the various chores around the house.

8)
Women have always been far better at multitasking. They can crash an aircraft while flyin solo with a passenger, deny that it was their fault, write the NTSB report and the technical reason for the crash while standing beside the wreckage. Brilliant!
:D

T Wilcock

Re: ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

Post by T Wilcock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:25 pm

What a pleasure to see activity on the LAA Forum. What a pity that it is on such a divisive subject. Please come back here more often on other topics!
Trevor Wilcock