Yoof N Edjumacation

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Peter Anthony

Yoof N Edjumacation

Post by Peter Anthony » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Just wandering where all the links to the youth and education web site have disappeared to? The LAA Mission statement, that phrase always makes me cringe, says we should be encouraging the Yoof.
Is it to give the YES men a chance to get the corporate image upto date on the YES website or did someone just forget to add them in the rush to get the site up and running! :wink:

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 am

Maybe they don't want to link, if that's true, as the YES site at flyers.org.uk is privately owned and run, when I'm not being run off my feet with other time pressures, so hasn't had its revision yet.

Welcome aboard anyway - we're happy to have anyone on our side. What are you good at? We've some excellent new volunteers keen to help promote 'Youf' activities, and quite a busy schedule being planned.

Peter Anthony

Post by Peter Anthony » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 am

Hello Dave,
I'm already booked helping with the Scout camps and Young Aviators. Being both a bit lazy and a bit of a Luddite I was a bit put out by actually having to google for the YES site the other day. I should have put it in my favourites, but well it was easier just to go to the link on the PFA site which was already a favourite. But when I was redirected to the new LAA site no link.

Peter Anthony

Post by Peter Anthony » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Blimey O'riley I've just seen the new education page. Well done Dave, twas well worth waiting for!
:wink:

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:38 am

The material on the LAA site has been updated mainly by Penny, and does look good. The YES site at http://www.flyers.org.uk is run separately for convenience, and is where I generally post things - news, calendar, training ideas. It was originally intended to be the PFA Education site, but things have been a bit in limbo while the Educational Trust was set up.

For an inside view of what's happening, the yahoo-yes group is where we converse through e-mails. Alan Jackson manages that, and has a nucleus of documents on there for youth aviation activities.

Peter Anthony

Post by Peter Anthony » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Hello Dave,
Not much going in the YES yahoo group last time I had a look but I've finally managed to get the Lyneham YA photos posted despite Microsquash's efforts to thwart me!

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Peter,
Good, I'll take a look.
Did you and Leia make progress on the YA online Logbook, by any chance? Dafydd was going to continue too, but I'm worried in case we fall between 3 stools.
Last edited by Dave Hall on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Anthony

Post by Peter Anthony » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Hello Dave,
I've passed on the programme that I've been using to Leia but I haven't heard back yet I'll have to drop her a line to see how she's getting on.
cheers
Pete

leiafee

Post by leiafee » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Hiya,

I'm here. Been a bit manic at work so I haven't got around to setting anything up to trial run yet, but I haven't forgotton it.

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:44 pm

That's nice to know. It would be good to have it all up and established for the new crop of YAs.

Thanks both.