Met

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ROB. THOMASSON

Met

Post by ROB. THOMASSON » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:19 am

Is it just me or do other people think the required login to get a form 214 is not fit for purpose? You have to have the most complex login with upper case, lower case, numbers, special characters and there is no way of staying logged in despite there being a box for it. I tried for a new password this morning, gave up, drove to the airfield, drove bac and still won over trying to log in. Would the world end if someone used my login to get the weather? I tried to use the tell us what you think form and as I was less than glowing on the good/bad/indifferent options I ended up with access denied on the screen. Skylink weather was unavailable too.

mikehallam

Re: Met

Post by mikehallam » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:09 am

I agree,

Unless my code crib sheet is to hand it's just too obfuscated to get access. Which is a pity, therefore I mostly don't get to use this otherwise rather valuable source of aviation information.

From my mobile 'phone I need quick access say when at the field, or when away from base looking at the return wx.
XC weather is vague but quick, whilst Ventusky (freely available) gives virtually everything and looks ahead a week if need be -it also shows cloud at three levels - but not Vis.