LAA Insurance Scheme -Air Courtage

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

AlanR

LAA Insurance Scheme -Air Courtage

Post by AlanR » Tue May 28, 2019 3:02 pm

It would be good to hear from others who have either taken out a policy or who have had dealings with this company?
My own experience in trying to obtain a satisfactory quote has been less than satisfactory so much so that I am now rather nervous of even wanting to take out a policy with them at all.
Last year they quickly supplied me with a quotation for insurance cover for my aircraft but then when I asked questions of the cover I didn't get any reply. So I stayed with my existing company.
This year, it looks like the same thing is happening....
Within 24hours of me completing the quotation request form I received back a quote which had got some of my details wrong. So I then asked for these details to be to be amended and I also asked for increased Third party liablity. In addition I asked for some explanation of some aspects of the cover. So far, two weeks on, no reply!
Has anyone successfully taken out a policy with them I wonder? If they cannot communicate efficiently when I am trying to spend money and take out a policy what hope is there if, heaven forbid, I need to make a claim!
Alan Radford

mikehallam

Re: LAA Insurance Scheme -Air Courtage

Post by mikehallam » Tue May 28, 2019 7:10 pm

My responses from them were courteous and they did their best to construct a policy to suit my particular needs last year.
That I didn't use them was because in my case their premium was the same as I was already paying so it was easier to stay where I was.
I suspect in your communications their usual efficient at thoughtful principal person was away.
Perhaps another note to them would sort it ?

FWIW. Whereas I tried to get the lowest premium I see pay as much for my slimmed down a/c insurance as I do for all my property, where the latter is some 50 to 75 times the value ! Same with my car.

mike hallam

AlanR

Post by AlanR » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:08 am

Well no doubt following a prod from someone who read my previous post on this I managed to get an email dialogue going with Air Courtage and had my queries answered.
Unfortunately the initial competitive premium price I found is compromised by high Excess deductibles and lowerThird Party Liability than is acceptable to me. Once these are adjusted the premium then becomes uncompetitive.
Worth a try I suppose and may work for some but not me this year...
Alan Radford

ArthugG

Post by ArthugG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 pm

I went with Air Courtage in January as they were cheaper than Haywards and Visicover. They have been very helpful during the process of getting a test flight done following a mod. I would recommend them. Having said that, I haven't had a claim with them.
Arthur Griffin

Marchettiman

Post by Marchettiman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:35 pm

I have been with Visicover since they started with policies for two aircraft (one an EASA type the other is on a LAA Permit) but for next year their quote was a big increase in premiums despite my claim free record. So I filled in the LAA Air Courtege online application and within two hours had a call from a charming French lady called Maud asking for a few extra details. By the end of the day I received a quote by email that was a substantial improvement on the Visicover one and it has better cover.
Couldn't be happier with the service, price and the advice they gave me.....
I found Visicover pretty inflexible, if the cover you want is not part of their model they don't want to know, it was a case of "'puter says no".
Graham Horder

mike newall

Post by mike newall » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:57 pm

I used FlyCovered for our 12 test flying.

For anyone doing a few hours it is a billy bargain.

Base coverage is std, you get 6 days included, extra days on a 60k aeroplane are around £14.

All app based, as you warm up, go on the site, put yourself on cover for the day..... done !

Customer service is superb, either by email or phone.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:49 am

Having recently bought a Jodel with a partner I contacted Air Courtage and received a couple of quotes, one for repairing any damage ourselves in the event of an accident, and one for going the usual route and getting the aircraft repaired in the 'usual' way. The price differential was about 15% so we decided we'd stick with the usual arrangement and took the cover accordingly. The arrangements were simple, Maud was helpful and efficient and payment was straightforward. The cover was less than I was paying for the equivalent cover four years ago on my old Jodel as a single owner, so I was very happy with it. I did not seek alternative quotes, insurance isn't just about the minimum quote, it is about trust and confidence that should the worst happen, you feel comfortable that the broker you use will give you the help and service you pay for. I am happy that Air Courtage will.

peterturner5

Post by peterturner5 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:59 am

Hi - like several people on this forum, I have been looking at Air Courtage. Having had a quotation from them, I think the legal obligations for insurance are covered.

However has anybody had any claims experience with Air Courtage? To me this is the most important and most difficult area to get a true understanding of what it is like to be an Air Courtage customer.

Steve Slater

Post by Steve Slater » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:54 am

I haven't mad a claim myself, but I can confirm that their claims handling process, via an insurance assessor to the registered underwriter, is identical to any other insurance company.

Over the past three years, they have settled several dozen claims, from minor damage to total loss.
Stephen Slater

LSHAvenger18

Post by LSHAvenger18 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:52 pm

I have been with them for about 18 months and found them speedy and courteous.
Simon
Simon Heighway

Clive

Post by Clive » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:22 am

Both my son and I have been with them for 2 years. OK so far, using the self repair option to save a few quid.
Regards, Clive
RV9 and Jabiru
Clive James