Hungary - Positive update to info in TL2.08

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

David White

Hungary - Positive update to info in TL2.08

Post by David White » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Not sure where to send this to within the LAA, so have posted here for general info and so that the correct person can see it to amend the TL.

I am planning a trip to Hungary, hopefully in the next few weeks, so checked TL2.08 ' Travelling abroad in a Permit to Fly aircraft' which currently says:
TL2.08 wrote:Implemented in principle BUT require individual application:-
..., Hungary, ...
and;
TL2.08 wrote:HUNGARY
Civil Aviation Administration
1400 Budapest Pf 87, Hungary
Fax: 0036 1 2968808
Pilots should check they have up to date information.
Permission will be issued and a copy of the permission must be carried on board the aircraft.
They have since (06/08) stated that permission will be valid for one month.
So I emailed the Hungarian CAA (at caa <at> itm <dot>gov <dot>hu) attaching copies of documents etc and requesting permission.

Their response to me was much more positive than in 2008, as quoted in the current issue of TL2.08:
Hungarian CAA wrote:Ref.your request about fly in Hungary with private aircraft G-AYLC pls. see the
following:

3.1.1.1 Conditions for permission of flights for foreign aircraft with
limited airworthiness
a.No permission to enter the airspace of Hungary is required for aircraft with
a limited certificate of airworthiness or permit to fly issued by the aviation
authority of EU Member States in accordance with Annex (Part 21) to Commission
Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 and its amendments, validity of which is
automatically recognised within the meaning of Article 11 of Regulation (EC) No
216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council as amended.

BRGDS
HGCAA
So that's good! :D
--
Dave White

Donald Walker

Re: Hungary - Positive update to info in TL2.08

Post by Donald Walker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:55 am

From that quote, think it is only good news if the aircraft has an EASA Part 21 permit to fly.

See the AIP.
3.1.1   Aircraft having non-standard Certificate of Airworthiness

Non-standard airworthiness certificate means any certificate or permission different from ICAO or EASA airworthiness certificate.

3.1.1.1   Conditions for permission of flights for foreign aircraft with limited airworthiness.
No permission to enter the airspace of Hungary is required for aircraft with a limited certificate of airworthiness or permit to fly issued by the aviation authority of EU Member States in accordance with Annex (Part 21) to Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 and its amendments, validity of which is automatically recognised within the meaning of Article 11 of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council as amended.All foreign aircraft with certificate other than stated in para 3.1.2.1.a. must obtain permission for entering and/or flight activities within the Hungarian airspace.

The application must be submitted by the operator at least 5 days before aircraft enters Hungarian airspace with the purpose of the flight, intended destination aerodrome (if any), expected route through the Hungarian airspace to the CAA.

The application for permission shall be substantiated by copies of the following documents:

Certificate of RegistrationAirworthiness Certificate including established operational limitations (if issued)Permit to Fly including the conditions (if issued)Proof of annual inspection (if issued)Differences from the ICAO Annex 6 and 8Noise Certificate (if issued)Proof of third-party liability insuranceAir Operator Certificate or equivalent if anyCongruence RVSM, B-RNAV, Mode-S, ATC, ACAS II, FM immunityLicence of pilot-in-command

The permission may be issued with time and/or any other operational restrictions. Duration of the permission will generally be granted for the purpose by the end of the validity of the Permit to Fly.

3.1.1.2   Light aircraft for sporting activities (e.g. LSA, micro lights, autogyro, home-built aircraft, light glider, hang glider and other types of sport flying devices) with National Certificate of Airworthiness or Permit to Fly can use the Hungarian airspace under the following conditions:

Light aircraft

has individual registry or identification mark, has a valid technical certificate (e.g. certificate of airworthiness, permit to fly or other equivalent document) issued by the State of Registry or state of identification, as relevant, has a valid third party liability insurance certificate covers the Hungarian territory,is not used for commercial flight operation.
3.1.1.2 applies to many, but not all, LAA aircraft.

David White

Post by David White » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks, Donald.

The message I sent to them did describe the specific aircraft and its Permit type.

Their response specifically identifies G-AYLC and since 3.1.1.2 covers all that aircraft has and is (the parenthetical element of that clause contains examples so not an exhaustive list; Factory Built Permit aircraft' or similar are not excluded) then I am content that the permission applies in my case.

Additionally, I sent them copies of all the requested documents as part of the original application so they have the requested information to grant permission; which I reasonably take that response to give me.
--
Dave White

Donald Walker

Post by Donald Walker » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Looks like it is simply a case of someone quoting the wrong exemption and you are good to go, Dave.

The TL 2.08 information on Hungary dates back to June 2008, and since then we have had Recommendation ECAC 35/1.