LAA Rally 2019 Booking Deleted

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

MatthewC

LAA Rally 2019 Booking Deleted

Post by MatthewC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 pm

On July 30th, I booked a slot for the LAA Rally for the Friday. Last weekend by chance I found that my slot (confirmed by email) had been deleted (for no known reason) and someone else had "my" time. Happily, I have since rebooked as some nice person freed another slot, but I have a serious point about this: I was not told that my slot had been cancelled (despite putting email and phone no on the application) so how many other people are there whose slot has been mysteriously deleted but who similarly HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD?

If this same issue (whatever caused it) affects a large number of people (and there were a good few who had already booked when I did) then there could be greater havoc than normal over Pitsford! I wonder what the CAA would say about that, quite apart from the effect on flight safety?!
Matthew Clements

Brian Hope

Re: LAA Rally 2019 Booking Deleted

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your slot time and have spoken to Sywell about it, as the booking system is operated wholly by Sywell on their website.
They confirmed you did indeed make a successful booking on the 30th but are at a loss to understand why it dropped off the system, nobody actually took it off. It appears to have been some sort of glitch with the system.
I'm pleased that you managed to get another booking and hope you enjoy the Rally. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Best rgds, Brian

MatthewC

Re: LAA Rally 2019 Booking Deleted

Post by MatthewC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Thanks Brian. Hopefully I was the only one, but I wonder why they didn't reply to my email!
Matthew Clements