Brian Hope

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Mike Cross
Site Admin

Post by Mike Cross » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 pm

While I may not agree with everything Brian says I will defend to the death his right to say it :lol:

You're absolutely right. Brian is indeed a major fount of knowledge on what "the management" are thinking or doing.

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:54 pm

“While I may not agree with everything Brian says I will defend to the death his right to say it”

Here Here!

Rod1
PS was that his death or yours?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi Welshman, this is a rather embarassing post, no doubt unintentionally. It doesn't matter a hoot what members think of me personally with regard to my posts on this board, I just do not want them to take everything I say as being what the LAA thinks. Unless I say it is what the LAA thinks then it should be taken as my personal view and nothing else.
If that's a problem then I will have to think about whether I should continue to post, I certainly do not want anything I say to be considered as detrimental to the association. I guess it's fairly obvious that I'm dyed in the wool LAA. Why? because today the LAA allowed me to once again fly my own aeroplane. That is what matters to me. Forget the politics, the moans because something didn't get done as quickly as you wanted it to, the whinging that something costs tuppence halfpenny when you think you have a god given right to have it for nothing. Today I went to Abbeville with a bunch of mates, had a great lunch and flew home again in perfect weather. I did it because the LAA exists and allows me to afford to fly. I just wish that before people sound off about what is wrong with LAA they would consider just what is so very right about it!

Mike Cross
Site Admin

Post by Mike Cross » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:59 am

Stop stirring Rod!

Brian and I get on just fine. He's a passionate supporter of the organisation and we certainly need people with passion.

John Brady

Post by John Brady » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:31 am

Now you have your own thread all you need is some needle to go with it. Someone will provide that in due course.

JB

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 pm

Brian Hope wrote: **Much clipped**
It's fairly obvious that I'm dyed in the wool LAA. Why? because today the LAA allowed me to once again fly my own aeroplane. That is what matters to me. Forget the politics, the moans because something didn't get done as quickly as you wanted it to, the whinging that something costs tuppence halfpenny when you think you have a god given right to have it for nothing.

I did it because the LAA exists and allows me to afford to fly. I just wish that before people sound off about what is wrong with LAA they would consider just what is so very right about it!
Brian,
that just about sums it up,
This weekend I have flown 8 hours, to all over the place.... and yes it is thanks to the LAA.....and people like you and the rest of the bunch.
So Yes indeed, thank you and thanks LAA for providing the medium for me and many others to enjoy the privilege of affordable aviation.

Jon

Captain Pulsar

Post by Captain Pulsar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 am

Brian?
Diamond geezer. Cracking weather this weekend too.

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 am

The LAA has certainly helped me a lot. Having built my own, I have huge praise for Engineering and the inspector system which keeps me airborne. Graham and John have / are doing very good work on keeping the lobbying going and the mag editor is doing a good job, but don’t tell him. :wink:

Rod1

Joe Iszard

Post by Joe Iszard » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Ah, so we all 'luv' Mr Hope - this week - wait until next week! :roll:
Joe

gasax

Post by gasax » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:35 pm

I think Brian is ace! And no I'm not kidding. He is a straight, communicative chap who is nearly single responsible for the more positive aspects of the LAA. (Yes, I know there are a lot of people who work for and achieve progress for us all. And if they actually communicated some of that then we would all be better off!).

The one thing that does concern me is the Peter Underhill element. He went from editor to chair and the faceless types undermined him. The same type of people are still in our organisation - which is largely why so many of us complain about poor comms.

But I will certaqinly support Brian - he has the most thankless of roles and does it bl**dy well. Without him the LAA would be a very much poorer organisation.

p.s I've only met him once - and we didn't really get on!!!!!

merlin

Post by merlin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:56 pm

If communication is anything to go by then Brian, John Brady and the engineering team seem to be the sum total of the LAA establishment.

MDF1

Post by MDF1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Fully support Brian and his efforts with the Mag and the LAA in general!!

On the old forum there was a section for talking to Graham Newby that was infrequently, but well used. Maybe we need that facility for all the EC members? If they post in that medium we'd know it was 'Official' and if elsewhere that it was opinion!!??

Have been rather worried at the lack of consultation with the membership over some of the recent changes. However most of the membership (myself included) seem happy to 'go with the flow' as long as they can still build and fly the plane of their choice, which seems to be the 'bottom line'!!?? Brian generally seems to be one if the few that at least tries to keep us informed?