Permit aircraft to the Channel Islands

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

DaveWhite

Permit aircraft to the Channel Islands

Post by DaveWhite » Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm

Does anybody have a copy of the (now expired) General Exemptions for Permit/homebuilt aircraft to visit Jersey and Guernsey/Alderney that they could send me by PM or email (Or link to on here)?

(These are the documents that were previously provided at the now-dead links at the foot of page 5 of Tech Leaflet 2.08)

Because these are now expired, there is now a necessity for each individual aircraft to apply for an exemption, and I have been in correspondence with the Channel Islands Directorate of Civil Aviation to ask if they would consider or intend to re-issue the General Exemptions.

Because of a change in personnel, it seems that the background history may have been lost, and they may not be able to apply within the CI to re-issue them. I am trying to understand it with the aim - maybe! - of helping out.

Any help, however small, with the history behind the original derogation would also be appreciated.

email is davidwhite894 [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks a lot.
--
Dave White

netsua

Re: Permit aircraft to the Channel Islands

Post by netsua » Mon May 10, 2021 7:11 pm

As they say, I can't help but I might know a man who can. One of the more prominent members of the Jersey pilot fraternity is David Brown. He flies a Sherwood Ranger, presumably on a Permit. He is also on the steering committee for the Jersey Flying Club resuscitation. Try emailing him on [email protected]
Stephen Austen

DaveWhite

Re: Permit aircraft to the Channel Islands

Post by DaveWhite » Mon May 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Thank you, Stephen - I may already be in contact at one remove as I am also corresponding with the Jersey Aero Club.

It was JAC that confirmed the previous General Exemption was no longer in force and that individual exemptions must now be applied for.
--
Dave White