ANONYMITY ON POSTINGS TO END.

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:08 pm

post removed
Last edited by J.C. on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Cook

flyin'dutch'

Post by flyin'dutch' » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm

John,

Welshman may have broader shoulders than some but to write that someone has 'paranoidal postings' is both unnecessary and potentially libellous.

If folks decide not to post anymore on account of the contributions of others then that is a great shame but ultimately their choice.

I can not discern anything particularly bad has been written by those who may query some of the LAA policies and the implementation thereof, or them posting anything intemperate, rude or otherwise inappropriate.

That has not stopped others to marginalise these paid up members, make condescending remarks, either in posts on here or in private messages.

The lack of intervention by those who control the BB board, moderators and ultimately the LAA hierarchy, can only indicate that they are quite happy for this 'onslaught' to occur.

You may have gathered that I am not a wilting lilly but you may reflect on what effect behaviour like that displayed on here, by some of the faithful, will have on others who may have something to say.

I assume that the contribution that people make to the LAA does not make a difference to the views they are allowed to hold nor display on the BB or does it mean that those who make a particular useful contribution can do whatever they see fit?
Frank Voeten

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:19 pm

I take Welshmans view on anom posts

try a simple test,

go to Google and enter "Mike Cross Popham", and you will be directed to Mike's Prune postings - likewise googling "welshman flying" will find Ron's pearls.

I don't really like people harvesting my personal info.
Peter Diffey

PB

Post by PB » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:58 pm

I too have packed my bags and left. I only hope my contribution, mostly to the technical side of things has been helpful.

The things that really need to be said are now in snail-mail to the Chief Executive.

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:08 pm

PB sorry to lose you! Good luck with the Nipper.

On a slightly more positive note I have just received a PM from Brian, so is still using the forum aster a fashion.

Rod1

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:53 pm

This BB forum has lost some very important people like Brian Hope & John Brady over the past few days. Many more will follow.
These people are the very people who keep a BB such as this alive for God's sake.
I hope loosing such people was worth it in the long grass, after all not showing your name is SOOOOOOOOOO important.
Take a look at the BMAA forums, most people who made any valuable contribution have packed up and left because of some whinger who rocked the boat with everyone.
It is sad, but such is life.... 2 types of people in this life ..the do'ers and the talkers..... which category do you fit in?

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 pm

The biggest loss as far as I am concerned, to both the LAA and the BMAA was Jeremy Harris. He was particularly helpful on radio and electronic matters among other things, and quite often offered to drop in on members having problems in order to try and resolve them. He put an awful lot of people including me on the right track. Incessant attacks from various clowns, perhaps resentful of his total commitment and help, led him to throw in the towel. Exchange of technical information and on the art of flying is what the BB means to me.

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Frank,

Are you really barmy & don't know it ?

You write such absolute rubbish to the detriment of 99% of ordinary folk.

I understand the need to be watchful but you spout off unconfirmed 'facts' to support your disagreement with just about everything the LAA proposes.

Now of course I have become a target of your ranting for having dared to write objecting to the style and content of someone's posting, whilst they can, it seems continue to gripe.

flyin'dutch'

Post by flyin'dutch' » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Mike,

I don't need to target anything or anyone, I have no axe to grind and certainly would never make condescending remarks about other posters.

I summarised in another post there have been 3 issues that I have commented on, not sure if that equates to 'just about everything the LAA proposes' I somehow doubt it.

Nor can I see that what I wrote was to the detriment of 99% of ordinary folk.

I think you attribute what I write too much gravitas.

My main 'sin' was to question if the LAA was the panacea for all ills in General Aviation.

In the ensuing debate I further queried whether it was wise to write that someone was writing 'paranoidal postings' or making remarks about their background.

Apparently all of that is bad and wicked and therefore I am now 'barmy' according to you and write 'absolute rubbish'

Not sure what you think you will achieve by trying to marginalise folks.
Frank Voeten

Harry McBaine

Post by Harry McBaine » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 pm

I post now and again on the BMAA Forum. It has become a lot better now that names are required. We used to have some real jokers and prats on there who now, thankfully, have largely cleared off.

Rick Goddin

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:32 pm

Bill McCarthy wrote:The biggest loss as far as I am concerned, to both the LAA and the BMAA was Jeremy Harris. He was particularly helpful on radio and electronic matters among other things, and quite often offered to drop in on members having problems in order to try and resolve them. He put an awful lot of people including me on the right track. Incessant attacks from various clowns, perhaps resentful of his total commitment and help, led him to throw in the towel. Exchange of technical information and on the art of flying is what the BB means to me.
Agreed,
Jeremy was active on many forums, he has excellent technical knowledge and shared and helped when asked. He was one of the key-stones on the BMAA forums until one of the "prats" as Richard stated, caused him to pack in in. I have found that tapping a "prat" on the shoulder and looking deep into his eyes to view his soul sorts a lot of issues out. Nothing like getting a "prat" to explain himself face to face, it tends to clear the air.

Peter Harvey

Post by Peter Harvey » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:31 am

Hi folks
This forum is a shop window to prospective members interested in the LAA and what it stands for.

Perhaps we could all agree this particular thread has run its course and we move on in a positive atmosphere of co-operation.

Please.

Regards to all
Pete Harvey

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:42 am

As a compromise solution, why not have the owner od the BB modify it so that the membership list is only visible to logged in members, and have the list display the user's real name as well as his alias.

This would seem to solve all issues
Peter Diffey