'Find An Inspector' function, not working?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Paul Catanach

'Find An Inspector' function, not working?

Post by Paul Catanach » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:18 pm

I've been trying to locate an inspector using the postcode function on this here website. It asks for the first part of a postcode but returns no results.
Is it faulty or must the inspector be in exactly the same postcode as the search (what are the odds of that?)? If so, the ability to select a range ie, within 25 miles would be useful.

Yes, I can trawl through the list of inspectors (all 360 of them) but that's not very efficient. On the upside I suppose I'm only having to do so once every few years.

There is a search-by-map map function but when I select that all I see is a blank screen. There is a section asking for a postcode and range but even when this is filled in the page remains blank, no map.

Is it the site, my laptop, me or a combination?

Steve Slater

Re: 'Find An Inspector' function, not working?

Post by Steve Slater » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi Paul

We'll look at that during the next review. Thanks for highlighting it.
Stephen Slater

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Thanks Steve.

Like I said, might be a fault at my end. As to finding an inspector I think I'm all fixed up (I've now checked the details of every inspector on the list :roll: :D ).

Nick Allen

Post by Nick Allen » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:19 am

Paul, you did spot, didn't you, that it says "You should only enter the first (alpha) part of the postcode (e.g. NN or B) without a number." ? (my bold)

If you do this, it works; if you took "the first part of the postcode" to what it normally means and put the number in as well, then it doesn't!

The map function is, however, a bit flakey...

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Nick Allen wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:19 am
Paul, you did spot, didn't you, that it says "You should only enter the first (alpha) part of the postcode (e.g. NN or B) without a number." ? (my bold)
Of course I did....................n't. :D

I did what any sensible person would do and typed in the letters AND the number! :roll: