ERYL SMITH BECOMES LAA CHAIRMAN

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Steve Slater

Post by Steve Slater » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Eryl Smith has become the Chairman of the Light Aircraft Association, succeeding Tim Hardy who after three years in the role has stepped aside to further his other interests in recreational aviation; in airspace advocacy and as the UK importer of the Sling range of kit-built aircraft. Tim will continue to serve as an LAA Director.

Eryl is a long-time member and supporter of the Association, having been an active member of the LAA Andover Strut for over 15 years and Strut Treasurer as well as a member of the LAA Board since 2018. Eryl has previously served as Association Secretary and a member of the Marketing Sub Committee. Most recently he led the team organising the very successful 2021 LAA Rally.

Said Eryl: “I have been fortunate to combine a professional career in civil aviation airport management with a passion for recreational flying, initially gaining a CCF flying scholarship, which I undertook at Perth before gaining my PPL in 1996. I have shares in an Aeronca Champ and a Cessna 177. The LAA is faced with many exciting opportunities and challenges as it continues to grow and evolve. I’m looking forward to drawing upon my wide professional experience whilst ensuring the LAA remains true to and connected with its grass roots membership.”
Stephen Slater