nppl info needed unbelivable demands by caa

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

phil brookman

nppl info needed unbelivable demands by caa

Post by phil brookman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:52 pm

i am simply trying to change address on my nppl caa are demanding signed by CFI copys of passport CFI Signed of each page of licence .probably around 8 signatures to change an address is this correct .
further because mine is paper type they are demanding i change it costing 69 quid .
helpful comments needed
tia phil

tnowak

Re: nppl info needed unbelivable demands by caa

Post by tnowak » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:53 am

Phil,

I recall having to doing something similar when I moved hose a good fe wyear sago.
All to do with the CAA wanting to validate your identity etc.
Tony
Tony Nowak

Condor62

Post by Condor62 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:45 am

I am afraid in my experience of changing my old brown PPL A I just had to suck it up and send them the certified documents they asked for. Sometime repeatedly! The aspect that made no sense was sending a copy of my controllers licence with an English language proficiency rating and being told that wasn’t acceptable for pilots and being required to do another one. I know that the 2 assessments are under the same criteria and I used to examine trainee controllers from around the world for their proficiency. It’s completely illogical but I wasn’t getting my licence until I did one.
A PPL A is valid for life but I had been “archived” and there was “no process” for revalidating my existing licence I had to transfer to a new part FCL licence.
The rules are so complex that I think there is a combination of computer driven script based decision making with a few chaps who have some understanding of the rules for the difficult cases. With a defensive mindset at the CAA they want all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed at all times.
Good luvk, it will be worth it in the end.

Gerry Holland

Post by Gerry Holland » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:55 am

A Simple exploration on the internet could show the CAA apt ways to quickly check your validity.
Some Banks and certainly the Crypto World use online scanning of Licences which are then matched to real time photos you take yourself from Computer or Phone. Utility Bills are scanned. It takes a short time for the checking process and then documents or processes are released. Even gov.uk uses Passport Photos across its range of Services.

The CAA needs to catch up with suitable technology.

ROB. THOMASSON

Post by ROB. THOMASSON » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:36 pm

It took me 12 months, my MP and a load of grief. It would have been quicker to retake the licence from scratch. A lot of people don't tell them for that reason.