LAA's Light Aviation Mag - Useless 'reduced' Landing Vouchers

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

fawkesb

LAA's Light Aviation Mag - Useless 'reduced' Landing Vouchers

Post by fawkesb » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:45 am

In principal the Landing Vouchers is a great idea, but there is little point in the LAA editors sharing/printing the 'Reduced' Landing Fee Vouchers - may as well fly somewhere else for less or even free.

*** It's a waste of mag space IMHO *** (always disappointing to read)

Also, most members do not live in Scotland, so little point in continually printing those too.

Standing by for the barrage of keyboard warrior opposite opinions.

Yours grumpily.
Ben Fawkes

Ian Melville

Re: LAA's Light Aviation Mag - Useless 'reduced' Landing Vouchers

Post by Ian Melville » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:45 pm

With your two recent posts, I think you may have got out of bed the wrong side this morning :D
Ian Melville

mikeblyth

Post by mikeblyth » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:22 am

Disagree Ben, reduced landing fee is a great idea. Airfield needs revenue so every little helps.£15 seems to be normal give or take. Leicester has a free landing which I will use. Would think about it at £15, unless you have a specific. reason to go. I don't fly PA 28, RV or Cirrus so limited budget.
Mike Blyth

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue May 02, 2023 2:50 pm

The idea on both sides, airfield and Pilot, is to get folk to go somewhere new. I like the prompt to go further afield and used 3 Flyer fees in one day recently though I paid at one in support of the airfields hospitality and ate at another when I didn’t need to really.
I always put them in my knee board and have been known to pay and find the voucher a few months later…..
If an airfield subscribes to the voucher scheme I think we should make the effort for a visit, either on the voucher month or a later date. No airfields are making a stack on their visitors, except maybe Dan at Sandown… though he has made a big effort and investment to improve the facility.
Regards Clive
Clive James