Shortage of inspectors?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Paul Catanach

Shortage of inspectors?

Post by Paul Catanach » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:58 pm

I have a project sitting in my hangar. It should be a relatively simple matter to renovate a few parts, replace some others and get a new Permit however it seems that local inspectors are too busy to take on another aircraft.

Is it just me? My part of the world or everywhere?

Oh, and the LAA website 'List of Inspectors' and 'Find an Inspector' functions don't work either. They've been that way for some considerable time and given the IT disaster of last year I'd like to think this kind of thing would be uppermost in the minds of those at Turweston. I did speak to someone in Engineering about it two years ago.

John Dean

Re: Shortage of inspectors?

Post by John Dean » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:52 am

What problem are you having Paul with the "Find an Inspector" page?

It seems to be working for me with a map of the UK with balloons for each inspector. Zooming down to a specific area and clicking on a balloon it comes up with the name of the inspector and their details.

Paul Catanach

Post by Paul Catanach » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:21 pm

Hi John

Thanks for the response. The inspector finder page is now functioning s it looks like that was temporary glitch at the LAA end or mine.

I'm still keen to know if the inspector dearth is local or countrywide.

Mark Miller

Post by Mark Miller » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:12 pm

I do think that the Inspector Map must still have a bug. I'm painting about 30 miles SW of where I actually am! Was OK a few weeks back. Not complaining though. Have more than enough on my plate already!

Matt Dovey

Post by Matt Dovey » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:59 pm

Paul,
Not sure where you are. But ever since I became a LAA and BMAA inspector i have not really received many enquires about my services. Doesn't really bother me that much to be honest.