Approved aircraft list?

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Michael Brooks

Approved aircraft list?

Post by Michael Brooks » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:56 am

I was going to ask what happened to the approved aircraft types list. This has existed since I joined the PFA decades ago, but I'll confess that these days I can't find it on the website. That could be just me failing to find stuff. Of course the complete absence of a search facility (that I can find) doesn't help.
However, I then used Google to search for it (restricting the search to our website's domain) and it came up with a document called "Website Accepted Aircraft List.pdf" which does indeed contain a list of accepted types. However, this does not compare with the old list, which was actually a book containing a picture and specs of each type of approved aircraft. That was a really useful resource for anyone wanting to find an aircraft type that matches their requirements.
Have we an equivalent nowadays? This is ideal for hosting as a series of web pages, but I haven't so far found anything along these lines on our site.

Ian Melville

Re: Approved aircraft list?

Post by Ian Melville » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:36 pm

Was that actually an LAA or PFA book?. I recall something like that many moons ago for sale in newsagents.
Ian Melville

Michael Brooks

Re: Approved aircraft list?

Post by Michael Brooks » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:31 pm

My recollection is that it was sent to me by the PFA when I joined. I just tried digging through my attic to see whether I still had my old copy, but I failed to find it. :(