Is the end nigh? (We pay the piper, He calls the tune)

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:14 pm

"They're all out to get you", appears to be your mind set !

On the plus side we have seen less negative criticism written about our Assoc'n. & its officers, so may be the reduction you observe has been all to the good.

I applaud this improvement, which despite attacks to the contrary the LAA has insisted on introducing.

I also welcome reading the views of those who prefer to be pro-active. Apart from the recent explanations by our executive of the many facets they cover, a look at the equivalent tasks the BMAA are faced with for the benefit of its membership might give you a taste of what all U.K. light aviation is up against.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:52 am

Welshman..GET A LIFE!
every one of your posts(and god knows there's plenty of them) is the same.
People are dying from boredom,hence the lack of posts.

Why
Are you
Never posative ?
Keep going over the same ground ?
Every post contains the same
Rhetoric
John Cook

JonKil

Post by JonKil » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:58 am

Is the end nigh?

For this BB, well maybe it is about time it was. With such annoying and childish criticism being waffled here over the past while, the loosing of the most constructive posters here, endless dribble......
maybe "THE END IS NIGH" would it be a bad thing?

As to;
(We pay the piper, He calls the tune)

I think this statement is again a childish comment, someone must attempt to steer the ship, this sometimes calls for decisions... after all if we all think that they are doing a crap job then turn up at the AGM and have the balls to step forward and try and do the job better.
I for one don't have the balls for it, have you?

If this BB has to have any life in it ever again, then lets let the people who have had the balls to take on the job get on with it. Many people are sick and tired of the nonsense that has been spouted here and many have left, leave it as it is and it will develop into a Dinosaur anyway.

Nigel Ramsay

The end isn't nigh!

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 am

Come on guys! Like it or not this IS the current situation, you shouldn't have a problem with having your name attached to your posts. If you say something nasty to an individual then at least have the guts to give your name, even if it means you might end up nursing a black eye some day!

As for the Rally, well, as you know it's getting more likely by the minute, 'hope springs eternal' and that should be one of our motto's!

Inevitably the LAA will be a changeable feast, liked by some, hated by others, accepted by the silent majority.

At the end of the day, this association, OUR association provides us not only with cheap (relatively!) and safe flying, but in many cases (mine for sure) some of the best friends and company I could have wished for. I for one, if I'd stayed as a 'typical' spam can pilot, paying Flying Club fees, high rentals, base checks etc. would have drifted away by now (I almost had). Now my skill set has increased enormously and I even got to earn in a six figure sum p.a. working as a consultant to NATS for a while as a direct result of a wider knowledge of aviation! None of that would have come about without membership and enduring involvement with this association.

Unashamedly....RA RA RA!

jamie_duff

Post by jamie_duff » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 am

I don't mind my name showing in posts, and Welshman, yes your posts are always very conspiracy theories at best and just plain whinges at worst.

Conspiracy theorists always seem to think they're smarter than everyone else and get frustrated because the other people can't see the "obvious". Unfortunately it's a mental problem restricted to the conspiracy theorists and there's nothing obvious for anyone else to see because there's nothing there at all.

Personally, I believe the EC are putting far too much effort into useful things such as the relaxation of the over-flight rule and challenging Mode-S to be engineering the demise of a bloody forum.

You need to get some perspective on things.

BJ

Post by BJ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:57 pm

I agree with your moderators that if someone has not got the balls to put their name to their text then its not fit for consumption.

Anon is not good. As for your EC and your theories I do not agree with you as the EC generally do put in good work in just about everything except their handling of the merger. In this one they failed to handle it in the best interests of the LAA and burned bridges as they went about it.

The LAA is known in other other places, however, as "one man's train set" so maybe best not to tar the sheep because of the shepherd.

Best

John Moore
John Moore
BMAA Council Member
Coyote912 - but thinks Flexwings are the best.
My posts must not be taken as being representative of the opinion of the BMAA Council.

Bill McCarthy

Post by Bill McCarthy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Welshman, why do you think Brian has left the forum - because of your incessant niggling at him. He does a damn good job and he certainly does not need the hassle. There is a limit to which a man can take. It's always a case of your - "it's not often your right, but your wrong again" attitude that gets to us all I'm afraid, so give it a rest please.