December Mag

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Mike Cross
Site Admin

December Mag

Post by Mike Cross » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 pm

Very fine piece of work Brian. Gets better and better with each issue. (and I'm not just saying that 'cos it has a Luscombe on the cover :wink: )

Bob F

Post by Bob F » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:32 pm

I will second that, mine arrived 1 Dec on the button. Well done Brian & the team.

Bob F
Bob Farrell

merlin

Post by merlin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 am

Good mag, interesting and evocative. Photos were all pleasingly "normal".
roger breckell

ChampChump

Post by ChampChump » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 am

A request on behalf of some friends who are not internet savvy/connected/bovvered. Please could the use of dark backgrounds be limited to matters of pictures only? Many of us/them have difficulty reading the fine words that could be enjoyed so much more were they black on white.

On behalf of the aged, I thank you.
Nic Orchard

Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 pm

I second that - before now I have just given up reading an article that is virtually illegible, being black against dark grey! It may be a very fasionable 'design feature' - keep it for the glossy mags that no-one reads anyway!

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:37 am

Id say a big improvement this month, the presentation is getting much better, back towards the pre-loop days. Less gimicks and fancy stuff to impress the 5 minuite wonder yuppies and more substance.
At last a cover picture that isnt at some wierd impossible angle, although it would look even better if the cover had been made landscape format, like Popular Flying used to do sometimes and EAA magazines do- aircraft fit better in landscape than portrait.
The Luscombe air to air pictures are great and better presented and not a signel wierd wide angle shot in the whole magazine!
The pictures that we want to see in "Over the Hedge" are even getting bigger! MAybe next month they will get rid of the horrible background and then we can have even bigger pictures to go with the article.
Pity we couldnt have had another nice picture of Steve Sampson's RV-4 instead of the orange squiggles supposed to represent sparks!
Maybe one day we can get rid of the graph paper and put the photo credits on the photos in Project News!

Keep up the good work Brian!

WBerry

Post by WBerry » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:25 pm

The new format is Very Nice.

I've especially liked the the side-by-side comparisons of similar types you've done (the 2+2 edition I loved). I don't know if that makes me a yuppie/5-min wonder (and don't care), but if someone's in the market for one of those types, then that kind of direct comparision is a very valuable thing.

Great mag, keep it up, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Will.