Robins on Annex ll

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Barry Plumb

Post by Barry Plumb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Chaps,

Here is a little more news on the situation affecting the Robin DR series aircraft, courtesy of a good friend in RSA France.

M Pellisier was the owner of three companies, Apex Aircraft, Apex Industries and CEAPR. The two Apex companies were liquidated as of 16th December 2008.

Pellisier was trying to sell CEAPR, the company that handled all of the Robin spare parts etc, for approx 3 million Euro, which was his valuation of the stock of spares etc.

Recently FFA and Christophe Robin were able to look at the stock of spare parts and found that they were virtually useless. They consisted of a batch of old metal parts left over from Mudry back in the 90s, and some unvarnished wooden parts left in open storage.

CEARP has been taken to court over the unpaid salaries of its staff to the value of 1.3 million Euro. The courts faound in favour of the staff, instructing the company to pay, but Pellisier is appealing the decision. If this appeal fails then the company will be liquidated. There is no indication of timescale on this at present.

Christophe Robin of Dyn Aero has confirmed that he will be able to produce spare parts for the Robins, but he will need a "Production Organisation Approval" (POA) to to this. He has applied to DGAC for a POA.

As of today there are 838 Robin aircraft employed by the French Training Schools (42% of the training fleet). 50 of these aircraft are currently grounded for lack of parts. There are also hundreds of aircraft in private ownership throughout Europe.

It now looks as if EASA will be forced to make a dcision shortly on the outcome of this, as it is faily clear that there will no longer be a TC holder for the Robins (ie they will be Orphaned) and an alternative level of certification from the current CofA will be required.

Happy Landings

Barry Plumb

MikeGodsell

Post by MikeGodsell » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks Barry....I look forward to my first Robin ATL permit renewal at Turweston :?

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 am

Navigating my way though the EASA Website I can't see any mention that the EASA R-CofA (NPA 2008-06) has been adopted yet. If so I wonder how they will transfer them to something that does not yet exist?

Steve