LAA Photo Archive

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

macconnacher

LAA Photo Archive

Post by macconnacher » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:11 pm

Of late I have been the only person adding photos to the Archive.

Please take a moment over the holiday period to add some images of aircraft not currently listed. On the home page there is a box called "keywords" where if you can put the registration and look at any images we have.

If your aircraft is not there or is still under build why not add an image and help us create a library of photos of every aircraft to have held a PFA/LAA permit. In particular images of aircraft that no longer are with us or in paint schemes of former times are needed.

Colour or black and white are equally welcome.

We have asked for lots of information on the add pictures page but as long as you know the date and place that will be a start since the other data e.g. the serial number etc the screeners have access to data via the LAA database or G-INFO and will add before publishing.

Are the permit types on your local airfield or your own project shown.

The basic rules of the site are as follows: Jpeg images of 750Mb or less.

1. UK homebuilt aircraft both complete and under construction as a recognisable aircraft.

2.Homebuilt aircraft that predate our organisation with a UK link.

3.Factory built aircraft that are operated on a PFA/LAA Permit to Fly.

4.Visitors to PFA Rallies and local strut and affiliated organisation events. However only overseas homebuilts and factory built aircraft over 30 years old are acceptable. The photo having been taken at the event.

If anyone has difficulties with access please contact me direct on [email protected].

Just visit look around at http://www.laa-archive.org.uk/
Stuart Macconnacher

Brian Robe

photo archive

Post by Brian Robe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Stuart.
I tried to add a picture to the archive but it would not recognise my user name so I could not proceed.
Others may be having the same problem or more likely just me! :cry:

Planemike

Photos

Post by Planemike » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:05 am

Stuart..........

Please keep the pics coming, they bring back so many memories. Always makes me wish I had taken more photos over the years.

I am sure there must be others out there with collections we would enjoy sharing.

Planemike

Clive

What's the point?

Post by Clive » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 pm

I was thinking, great, will be good to see some nice views and places folk have been to. What I find is the very well taken but never the less not very exciting pics of planes. Fine I say but is it OK for folk to put on some nice air to airs, some good views etc?

Regards, Clive
Clive James

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm

We want any good images that are in focus particularly air to airs.

We only want aircraft that are Uk Homebuilt of any vintage, aircraft that are on a LAA Permit to Fly and aircraft that visit a LAA or Strut/affliiated organisation event that are 30 years old or more photographed at that event.

I have been trying to cover as many aircraft in the LAA fleet as possible particularly the older aircraft as part of our heritage project.

Please add to the archive there are too many of mine. It is your archive that will become a historical resource for the future.
Stuart Macconnacher

Rich Valler

Post by Rich Valler » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Stuart, I shall endeavour to add a photo or two soon, when I have acquired a scanner. In the meantime, can I make a plea for a change to the information notes ...... previous registrations are "formerly" and not "formally" ...... :evil:
Cheers
Rich V
pedant

Edited to say: Stuart, I see you've been busy! Thanks! :D

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Rich

Thanks for that!

I lost count after 1 hour of corrections. Once you make that sort of mistake you compound it by repeating it. Just as well I do not have to use effect and affect which is another blind spot I have.

This is all the more embarrassing since I have the Oxford Concise on this computer and I am in Brussels most of next week editing European Standards to ensure the latest editions are in correct English.
Stuart Macconnacher

JohnMead

Post by JohnMead » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:58 pm

I can't log in to the photo page. My username has a space in it which the photo login wll not accept; and if I remove the space it gives " unknown user name".
Any ideas ?

John Mead

Will Greenwood

Post by Will Greenwood » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Ok here we go, firstly go to the LAA Photo page, where it say's "click here to log in" do so. Do not put your BB username or password in. Look below the log in and it say "click here if you are having trouble" etc, click on this.
Fill in the details with your LAA number etc and change the problem column to "have never recieved welcome message" and then send. You will then recieve a message from info@laa. Follow the instructions with new password and e-mail. Click begin registration, and here you can change your profile to your existing BB username and your BB password.
It worked for me, hope it helps, tip open 2 windows so you can cross referance the instructions above and follow them.

Will

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 pm

John

In the photo site assuming your user name on the BB is John Mead you must use JohnMead i.e without spaces. It is a requirement of the software
Use John Mead as your display name.

If others have this problem of usernames I cannot change the software on the photo library so to keep both usernames the same may I suggest that you alter your username on this site to have no spaces by going to profiles at the top of the page.
Stuart Macconnacher